ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy residuals - amazing

GW Clio 200
I put my Trophy in the Autotrader on Thursday night, I had sold it by Saturday morning and have recieved over a dozen calls since.

The Trophy is a sort after car.. and due to its unique qualities should retain a decent residual value when selling!!!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
LOL, no? What makes you say that?

It's me who hosted the video, but I've removed it so that this thread can stay on the topic of trophy residuals

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Sorry, I havent got it on this computer so cant re-upload it at the moment

172, Tiguan
I think untill the new one is released you'll continue to enjoy the residuals, but however, as has happened in the past the values will nose dive once the new one arrives. Mind, if I had one, I wouldn't be in a rush to sell it.

X-172 Cup
They look good in Glass's this month - definate Private Sellers market

I wouldn't mind one myself but I reckon I'll need my car + about 5k, there is a Black one for sale @ Sunwin in Bradford for £11995 which shows that not all of the trade are aware of the strong residuals on these @ the moment, that or maybe it's an Import or not a proper Trophy(?) I'd give them a call but I ain't got 5k to spare @ this time of year.

My advice to any Trophy owners would be to enjoy it while it lasts and sell just before the MK3 comes out - that means you get all the fun of driving it and you should'nt lose any money, may even make a few quid.

You never know, the press may slate the Mark 3 in which case you will be able to name your price for a while!

MINI JCW
An interesting thread! I have to agree that I dont believe the Trophy is that much better than the std cupped 182, (not by as much as Evo would like you to belive) although in the handling department it is improved.

I own a 182 and wouldnt swap for a trophy as I like the creature comforts and stuff, but i do understand why somepeople have swapped, it all depends what you want from a car.

The people I feel sorry for are the people who have bought the 182 cup as clearly if you want more toys with very good handling go for the 182 with cup packs and if you want a better handling more raw car then go for the trophy.

The only reason i can see people buying the 182 cup over the trophy is for financial reason or becuase they dont like red!

1967 Classic Mini
It's French, over a period of more than 12 months the price is bound to plummet, they always do.

Make the most of it qhile you can, though I don't think the replacement cost of the Sachs suspension is orth the higher residuals, almost guaranteed they will go when out of warranty

Yaris Hybrid
No one wants to pay much for a used Clio so the prices drop like a stone limited edition or not. I wouldn't buy any RS Clio if I was remotely interested in residuals. Add the high insurance of RS models and you have even less desirability expecially amongst younger drivers. A car with no presitige, poor quality and high insurance does not make for a high used price and there are plenty of quicker cars for a few quid more.

Older types will always prefer to spend more on better cars with a better image or just buy them new so they have less to worry about in terms of abuse or out of warranty faults.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Toypop said:
and there are plenty of quicker cars for a few quid more.

Such as? I think most new cars that are quicker are quite a bit more than the 13-14k Trophy's were sold at or even 15.5k if you stick with list prices.

Last edited:
  Yaris Hybrid
I was thinking of buying used - and what you can get for RS Clio money albeit if you go for something older and Jap. Lets face it a 5 year old Jap car is probably going to be holding together as well as a 2 year old Clio for example.

If you look at what 2 year old RS Clios are being advertised for you can get mega fast cars that are say twice the age for the same money. My mate just sold his Mk1 V6 paid an additional £750 and got a P1 for gods sake! Granted about 40k more on the clock, not that much older really but absolutely no contest performance wise!

Anyway thats why Joe Public won't pay much for a used RS Clio - limited edition or not.

MKIII 138
Adamf said:
There are lots of faster cars for under £5k than a Trophy but I don't think thats the debate here.

indeed. any good condtion scoob with a few hundred quid thrown at it will outdo
a clio in our uk weather condtions and have serious genuine everytime 0-60 pace well under 6 seconds
hows about some highmilege supra 3.0 twin turbo, Volvo T5-R awd ? all 250bhp + and as stock a percentage faster, the volvo safer and comfier, the supra blingier for the ladies and chavs.

you like a car because of how it makes you feel, also you dont look a prat like you do in a noisy awd large spoilered jap mobile

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im really happy with my 05 182.Its nearly a year old now and has covered 4500 miles..The jump for me of going to a trophy giving i may get 10k for my car is just not worth the difference in performance or cost.
There really is nothing between the last 4 models of clio that have been released(certainly not enough to throw 4k at one)

ian

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yeah there's some serious jap machinery out there for not a lot of money on the second hand market now.

Thing is I think most people make the decision on wether they are buying new or used for various reasons before they start choosing which car to go for.

You could always get something potentially faster for less in the end. As they showed Top Gear recently in their 10k supercar challenge, I could have bought a Ferrari, Masserati or Lambo for less than my Trophy. :D

MKIII 138
ian 182 said:
Im really happy with my 05 182.Its nearly a year old now and has covered 4500 miles..The jump for me of going to a trophy giving i may get 10k for my car is just not worth the difference in performance or cost.
There really is nothing between the last 4 models of clio that have been released(certainly not enough to throw 4k at one)

ian

to add to the fact reno screw their customers what next trophy 2 with new paint scheme and some carbon bits.
ive seen that very red of the trophy on MKII 1.2 clio`s and shock horror today i saw no lie a last production run presumably MKII 05 a mondial blue 1.4 !! with bodycoloured bumpers and a large mouthed grill, had to do a double take as it look almost like a cup from some angles exaclty same pain scheme ! the main reason i got a cup as they look unique with that colour

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
meggerman said:
to add to the fact reno screw their customers what next trophy 2 with new paint scheme and some carbon bits.
ive seen that very red of the trophy on MKII 1.2 clio`s

There won't be a Trophy 2, not in the MKII clio shape

Yeah, Capsicum red has been used for years on clios. 10-15 years ago red cars were common as, but in these days of metallic colours, the red is a striking colour and stands out.