ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Sachs Dampers

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think you can see fluid leakage on the sachs, but you'll get more responses in cliotrophy

Dodgy one
Can anyone explain how you can tell if a Damper needs refurbishment? Any pics of a damper in need of refurbishment would be helpful thanks.

Take a pic of yours and i'l tell you, The 'piggyback' resovoir has a ring on it which moves when it needs refurbing IIRC

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Also iirc, there is some component off the remote resivour unit that moves when the pressure is low - thus indicating a refurb needed.....

Clio 182 Trophy
It'll feel a bit funny to drive, especially on bumpy corners. Probably best described as a 'corkscrewing' motion through the steering.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
You can't tell if the seals are worn until rebuilt.

You can look at the gas compression and general condition but that's it.

Alot fo people have had theirs rebuilt. I think it's fair and reasonable to have them rebuilt now.

Clio Trophy
Only problem i've got is if I take them to BG for a rebuild i'll be without a car the for atleast a week. Would a normal 182 suspension fit as a temp until i get my dampers back?

Civic Type R
There should be a 5-10mm gap between the resivior arm and the damper, this is what I was told over on clio Trophy anyway, no gap and all the gas has leaked out...

Clio Trophy
IMG_0035.jpg

Dodgy one
FYI , The part circled, The ring on the top of the piggyback, pops up and the gap you can see on yours between the arm closes. Letting you know the shocks need a refurb

IMG_0035.gif

Clio Trophy
The discs are fine, I washed all the arches thus making the discs look rusty and shabby. Took me 9 hrs today :)
The things you do when your in love with your car. lol