ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy's for £11,499

Lee

BMW M2C
It amazes me how they've both had two owners and done so few miles. I guess there's been a few people buy them based on reviews and then found them to be a little bit too hardcore.

Some feedback on Trophy owners, the upshot is one car was sold to fund a business, the other to fund a van by person made redundant, both disappointed to see them go. Anyone can e-mail Steve via the website for more details.

RS Clio 182 Trophy
That was a good price, almost makes me wish I'd waited a bit longer till I got mine... then again, they have been the best 8500 miles and 13k ive ever spent!

Turbos.
I was speaking to a Trophy owner yesterday and he said teh ride was quite bad on the road, until you go fast! I could swear EVO said it had a great ride...

The guy also had a Boxster S, a stock broker type...so maybe they get bored of their little toys quickly!

E90
Nothing is better than a Trophy. In fact, it has been so well documented that the Trophy is the greatest thing created by man, that the National Institute of Standards and Technology Weights and Measures Division have developed a unit of measurement known as the 'Trophy'. One 'Trophy' is equal to the length of time it takes the sun to rotate around the Renaulsport factory in Dieppe, which has now officially been declared the centre of the universe by Evo magazine. ;)

E90
ozzyo99 said:
^Expensive.

www.buymynewcar.co.uk has them cheaper (Meggy)

Weeman, time for more tablets - you're talking fluent sh1t again.

joke
A noun
1 antic, joke, prank, trick, caper, put-on

a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement
Category Tree:
act; human action; human activity
╚activity
╚diversion; recreation
╚antic, joke, prank, trick, caper, put-on
╚practical joke
╚dirty trick
2 jest, joke, jocularity

activity characterized by good humor
Category Tree:
act; human action; human activity
╚activity
╚diversion; recreation
╚jest, joke, jocularity
╚pleasantry
╚leg-pull; leg-pulling
╚drollery; waggery
3 joke

a triviality not to be taken seriously; "I regarded his campaign for mayor as a joke"
Category Tree:
abstraction
╚attribute
╚quality
╚worth
╚value
╚unimportance
╚pettiness; triviality; slightness
╚joke
4 joke, gag, laugh, jest, jape

a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter; "he told a very funny joke"; "he knows a million gags"; "thanks for the laugh"; "he laughed unpleasantly at hisown jest"; "even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable point"
Category Tree:
abstraction
╚relation
╚social relation
╚communication
╚message; content; subject matter; substance
╚wit; humor; humour; witticism; wittiness
╚joke, gag, laugh, jest, jape
╚one-liner
╚in-joke
╚funny story; good story
╚ethnic joke
╚dirty joke; dirty story; blue joke; blue story
╚belly laugh; sidesplitter; howler; thigh-slapper; scream; wow; riot
B verb
1 joke, jest

act in a funny or teasing way
Category Tree:
act; behave; do
╚joke, jest
╚clown; clown around; antic
2 joke, jest

tell a joke; speak humorously; "He often jokes even when he appears serious"
Category Tree:
act; move
╚interact
╚communicate; intercommunicate
╚joke, jest
╚pun
╚horse around; arse around; fool around; fool
╚gag; quip

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
id say a williams with 195's on is just as bad over potholes - but on the track the trophy was alot better. Would of nice to have followed one for a bit if the chance arrose.

IMHO anyone who thinks that the Trophy ride is poor needs their head tested. The ride in a Trophy is superior to the Cup suspension and handles better too. As for them being compared to a 225, that's not a bad car but the ride is poor and too much torque steer, also try selling one second hand!

Lee

BMW M2C
I think it depends what people are refering to when they refer to the "ride".

In terms of ride comfort it's by far the worst Clio to date, where as in every other respect excels. It's not a comofortable car when driving in and out of work on bad roads.

I've had a 225 and the handling / ride was rubbish in comparison, I just wanted to finish every journey and get out of it. I'm sure the later cars are better. It's ridiculous to say that the 'buymycar' 225s are cheaper????? The only niggles I have with the Trophy is the bloody persistent rattles from seats and dash and creaks from front end that get fixed then come back. Not that I'm that bothered, if I wanted quality I'd buy a quick VW Golf.

Ad

MK2 FRS
cliobuyer said:
I was speaking to a Trophy owner yesterday and he said teh ride was quite bad on the road, until you go fast! I could swear EVO said it had a great ride...

The guy also had a Boxster S, a stock broker type...so maybe they get bored of their little toys quickly!
it is poor on normal roads....imho...

but i would have one above a 225.

A red missile
I wouldn't say its poor on normal roads, on bad surfaces yes its a pig and it'll make all your teeth fall out eventually but i wouldn't say its too much to live with day to day. Its the amount of cornering abuse it'll take before it gets out of shape that has impressed me. A possible factor in that for me is that its my first Cliosport so for all i know its no better than a 172/182 etc. Still puts a grin on my face and thats the most important thing to me.

I only bought it because i liked the colour when i saw it at the stealership. shhhh

182 Trophy
I have to agree with the ride, on the way back from picking mine up I thought what have I brought, every bump on the A road rattled through me. But on a fast country roads the wheels just skip over bumps and the feed back is amazing, to a point where my Mrs will not set foot in the car.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I have to agree with Lee, driving on bad roads gets very tiresome, you feel every little imperfection of the road.

Took mine over to the Isle of Wight last week end, and on the journey down to Southampton the car was great, i loved every minute of the motorway (normally i cant stand them). As soon as we were on the isle of wight, it suddnely occured to me how stiff the suspension is. One bit of road was so bad that i am sure the rear of the car lifted off the road surface.

On the plus side, there are some lovely stretches of road near me, few lumps and bumps, but apart from that quite smooth. once you start pushing on with your journey, the car just feels amazing, no understeer, no lift of oversteer (untill you really push it into a corner). the car is just so balanced and I always get out of the car with a grin on my face.

I dont regret spending all that money on the car. I can live with its imperfections, like every car there is always going to be something you dont like about it.

I'll agree with all the 'ride' comments. I think one way to describe it is unforgiving! It certainly finds the defects in the road surface but at speed it eats corners like a fat boy eats pies!!!

A friend of mine has a 172 and we had a blast along a lovely road near my recently and he said that he had to dial in opposite lock a couple of times when the Trophy just corners! I wasn't leaving him for dead by any means but if you go hard enough the Trophy will leave 'lesser' RS Clios but to do it on the open road would be incredibly irresponsible!