ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trust no-one!!!!!!!

hi my mk1 172 has a drink problem,of sorts,the fuel needle is on empty and the lights been of for a good 30 miles,the trip comp tells me ive got about 40 miles left before it goes blank - - - - etc,but when i flick to the fuel used it says about 9 gallons????,when i goto fill up i can only get about 9 Gallons in before my shoes fill with petrol? which is true,according to the fuel used thing when the needle is off the bottom ive still got between 1.5-2 gallons left = to about 70 miles,i darent try it to find out,also it does about 150 miles on first half of tank according to needle then about 250 on the bottom half???

help!

lol , has anyone got a problem with there 16v petrol meter , mine always lies to me,like it says i have 1/4 a tank left when really i have 1/2 ! just wondered if anyone else has had this prob and found out whats wrong ?

Quote: Originally posted by cerbera4.5 on 28 April 2003

hi my mk1 172 has a drink problem,of sorts,the fuel needle is on empty and the lights been of for a good 30 miles,the trip comp tells me ive got about 40 miles left before it goes blank - - - - etc,but when i flick to the fuel used it says about 9 gallons????,when i goto fill up i can only get about 9 Gallons in before my shoes fill with petrol? which is true,according to the fuel used thing when the needle is off the bottom ive still got between 1.5-2 gallons left = to about 70 miles,i darent try it to find out,also it does about 150 miles on first half of tank according to needle then about 250 on the bottom half???

help!

the tank isnt square. think about it