ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying a different camera lens...

Rally bus
first attempts with a wide-angle lens...

csn01c.jpg

csn01b.jpg

csn01d.jpg

excuse my ignorance... how is the wide angle lense any better for those types of shot.

i thought wide angle lenses were better for scenery shots?

Rally bus
excuse my ignorance... how is the wide angle lense any better for those types of shot.

It's not necessarily better, it just gives a wider angle of viewing, eg in the first pic I would not have been able to get such a tapering effect on the building at say 30mm. I was just trying the lens out - I've had decent pics at the same location with other lenses eg

csbb.jpg

Sigma 10-20? I've been playing with mine a lot lately (in fact it's hard to take it off, great fun to play around with even for non-landscape stuff). It's quite amusing being about 15" from the numberplate taking a shot and then showing someone the picture on the LCD, they are always amazed that it fits the whole car in and plenty more besides!

One pic of my shed with the 10-20...

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/photos/123152941-L.jpg

Rally bus
Your Sigma arrived then I guess?! I ordered one from HK last weekend, it arrived on Thursday. I had been thinking of using it for rally photography but I think I'll get run over if I do... I've already nearly smashed it by thinking I was miles away from the subject :eek:

Your Sigma arrived then I guess?! I ordered one from HK last weekend, it arrived on Thursday. I had been thinking of using it for rally photography but I think I'll get run over if I do... I've already nearly smashed it by thinking I was miles away from the subject :eek:

Yep, arrived on the 5th Jan, found a place in Wales that did next day delivery. I have knocked into a few things, kept getting closer to subjects and they still looked really far away, then bang, I'm actually touching the subject! I use the lens hood all the time now purely for safety reasons.

Took this today, that is less than a third of the actual image, the amount it captures when shooting landscapes is ridiculous. If anything I've got to learn to not use it so often, I don't need to capture over 90 degrees every time I take a shot!

Rally bus
Took this today, that is less than a third of the actual image, the amount it captures when shooting landscapes is ridiculous. If anything I've got to learn to not use it so often, I don't need to capture over 90 degrees every time I take a shot!

I had trouble keeping my feet out of the shots! I'll hopefully get some scenic ones done next weekend if it isn't p'ing down... I'm due to do a portrait shoot as well so may try it then too.