ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying to fit RS grill

Black 1.2 Extreme
... is not as easy as everyone makes it out to be

Ive looked at the guide in the guides section but I'm afraid it wasn't much help :(
I tried to push the clips down with a screwdriver but I don't see how your can physically get to them? do you have to go through the grill? or lift the tom section up away from the car and try and go through that way?

Ive also read that if you just give the bottom of the grill a good push / wack with the palm of your hand it should just pop off? is this true? will it not snap any of the clips?

Any other suggestions for me 2 use when I try again tomorrow?

1.6 16v Mk2
I did mine last week and followed the guides on here but it wasn't as easy as first expected and lost some skin in the process!

Take off the two screws at each end of the grille and then bend the grille towards you, (mine bent a fair bit) get a long flat head screw driver and push down on the tabs on the right hand side and push the grille forwards (towards the car) at the same time. the tabs should pop out.

on the left, there is a black box thingy, unclip that to see the tabs on the left and do the same pushing down and pushing forward to unclip those. when it gets to the middle just wiggle it and pull it out tbh!

Black 1.2 Extreme
Okay ile try the bruite force approach when I get back from work
If that dosent work ile try dodge's idea
Cheers guys

Liamm

ClioSport Club Member
  Not anymore
i couldnt get mine off the other day lol, i treid wacking it and it wasnt budging, must have to hit it even harder haha, wil give it a bash tomorrow