ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying to sell a car - advice

Clio Cup Racer
Been trying to sell my clio for months now and not really had any interest.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4014318.htm

Do you think there is any hope of selling this the way things are just now or am I best breaking the car and selling as parts?

Ive been thinking about doing a spreadsheet of the different parts and seeing what it would add up to.

Just seems a shame but i think the car market is pretty terrible just now isnt it?

I think the car market is ok, if the price is right.

I'd imagine trying to sell a race car is a whole different game though. You don't exactly have a massive target market.

182cup & 172 racecar
I've looked at this a few times on PH.

Needs a little more info on history, used on track days so what. (not being funny)

When was the gearbox last serviced. Has it had regular oil changes. etc etc.

Has the cambelt been changed recently

Has the suspension been referbed

I would want to know all these things before I'd even ring up.

Plus the price is a little at the top end for these nowadays.

You asked, so I'm just saying.

Tony

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
as above, more pictures would help.
more detailed add on what track days you have done etc.

is a very small market your looking for and it is a clio :p

Clio Cup Racer
I'll change it and put some more info on - I think when I put the advert up I wasn't too fussed about selling it but I think im coming round more to the idea of selling it and trying something else.

Price Tony - there is a standard one on for 10.5 so I think its ok but still a lot of money but im sure any buyer would want to haggle anyway.

clio 172 cup
i think the market is alot different than 'normal' cars when asking top brass for a car you need paragraphs every little thing needs to be mentioned none of this first to see will buy crap just what youve done since day one the progession of the car deatailed service history when things were done who did them and a ton of pics thats in my opinion if you want to sell a car like this you need to just spend the tenner and get a full advert