ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying to setup wireless help...GRRRRR!!

Weeman sucks ****
Just moved into new place and they have ntl cable. I bought a belkin wireless router so I can connect upstairs with my lapto and PS3.

However, the cable modem is connected with a USB rather than ethernet cable! I'm totally stumped on what to do next as no connection can be found with the enet cable plugged in.

I'm guessing the modem needs to be reconfigured in some way to allow the ethernet cable to run?

Help, cheers

Weeman sucks ****
i'm using the usb connection to get online that is already here on the PC the have!

update though, i got the ethernet to work but when i connct the wireless router it disables the internet.

i'm gonna smash things up i think!!!!!!!!

M2 Competition
Lol. Fail.

Make sure you havent connected anything twice, an ex did this with her pc and the internet was trying to run itself twice.

So the thick white cable goes into your ntl box from the street outside... the blue ethernet cable goes from ntl box to wireless router.

The little signals ping around the house and go from wireless router to your laptop?

Weeman sucks ****
RIGHT! Everything is connected correctly, I am stupid but have that covered!

My laptop can find the router and the wireless works fine but it won't connect to the internet!

I can log into the router but have no idea what to do to get the internet working. It disables the internet on this PC once it's all plugged in. Windows for reason is even shitter than when I used it last yesterday. I s**t IT, 2 bob OS. LOL

M2 Competition
Turn everything off and back on again, ethernet might need to recombobulate with the lord of the dance.