ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuna killed my ipod

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
made some nice tuna wraps this morning

got to work and noticed the juice had leaked out and all over my ipod, now its trying to start up...noise of death...ffs...proper annoied

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Tuna should be dried properly, mixed with a small amount of mayo and pepper, this was purely user error, had you made the tuna wraps correctly, you wouldn't be having this problem.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
the problem was it seeped in through the dial
then the ipod tried turning itself on.... and because it was wet it couldn't start properly so therefore just continued trying...i am sure its just burnt itself out now

BG V6, LY 182
I somehow managed to drop my iPhone in my drink, was a glass full, pulled it out, worked fine till 30mins later and i just had a white screen, oh bugger i said. Woke up the next day only to find it fully working again :D i was chuffed!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i just put it on my dock earlier and the screen lit up
however it is showing that the keys are locked and it won't let me press them (even though they are not locked)

there may be hope yet....

Jap Box
Turn it off, leave off, wash in sink, leave it drip dry standing up on a towel or something, all water will seep out through the bottom. Leave it on radiator after that for it to dry anything that could be left.

Should be fine then :) Same happend to my ipod, but I just dropped it in the sink full of fairy liquid when it was on.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
nah i think its broked...
when it was making the funny noise yesterday we are pretty convinced it was trying to turn its self on but somehow tripping out...hence how its now somehow burnt out

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i will pass on the smelly clunge questions...lol

nah its dead, seems the tuna juice got in everywhere, where the ipod was trying to boot it has burnt out some diodes on the motherboard, killing the operating dial and a bit of the screen....doh.

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
I'd have wrapped my wrap in cling film if I knew my ipod was at steak...

Was there much music on it? Did you fillet?