ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tuning boxes....

clio 1.5 DCI 80
i know this might well open a can of worms but ive got a question i need answering.....

ive got a dci80 and am in talks about buying a second hand tuning box.

the previous owner has a dci65.

will it be the same? ive looked on the manufactures website but they list two different part numbers.

i expect it will be the same but id like to know if anybody has for example upgraded from a 65 to a 80 and kept their box?

many thanks.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
tunning boxes really dont do the dci engines anygood. all they do is tweak fuel rail pressure up as far as im aware.

remap - may cost more but will be persific for that engines perameters

tunning boxes - some good some bad, its a gamble weither your engine will accept it or not.

look on the cliodci.net forum , theres a thread on there about tunning boxes vs remaps for dci's :)

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
You are better paying for a proper diesel remap. Dci engines are very responsive to retuning if they are common rail type.