ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo conversion

I Have a track clio 172 phase 1 fitted with a 182 engine.
As it won't get used over the next 6 months, I'm considering doing a turbo conversion myself.
Have done some reading on the mwm clio that used a 197 head, I plan on doing something similar.
Have already got a turbo lying around from my old rs turbo and a focus st intercooler.
Will get the exhaust manifold/downpipe from clioturbo.
Injectors (maybe 225 megane?)
Megane headgasket to decompress (will this be sufficient or will the current head have to be machined as per 197 head?
My aim would be 250bhp, I don't really want to go down the forged route yet, maybe I'll build my spare engine up next year with forged pistons/rods.
What else do I need to be thinking about mechanically? The car will be going to a mapper to sort the electrical/ecu/mapping side of things.

197 head will need d&t for another idle roller if its on a 172/182 bottom end. not sure on head gakset but you can work out your comp ration then decide on head gasket to suit. from memory clio is 0.6mm and megane 1.3mm.

you will need to consider clutch, oil lines feed/return, coolant lines, intercooler pipework.

250bhp, the box 'should' be fine if driven with a bit of mechanical sympathy.

if you have 6 months to do it in dont rush things and it should be fine.
goodluck

197 head will need d&t for another idle roller if its on a 172/182 bottom end. not sure on head gakset but you can work out your comp ration then decide on head gasket to suit. from memory clio is 0.6mm and megane 1.3mm.

you will need to consider clutch, oil lines feed/return, coolant lines, intercooler pipework.

250bhp, the box 'should' be fine if driven with a bit of mechanical sympathy.

if you have 6 months to do it in dont rush things and it should be fine.
goodluck

My car already has an uprated clutch, this isn't something I'm too concerned about as I can easily have this swapped immediately, if it goes wrong so to speak.
I was planning on keeping the 182 head and possibly having it machined, if compression would be too high still with the megane headgasket?
Turbo oil feed/return was something I was hoping for advice on.
Pipework was planning on getting everything dry mounted then going from there fabrication wise?