ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo manifold

Just a quick pic of my newly acquired turbo manifold.

gumadane.jpg

a7yje4u8.jpg

I've posted a pic in my build thread but not many people look in there.

Made from a standard 172 manifold i think? looks great, i think your going to have to brace the turbo to the engine for a bit of support!?

172 cup, Impreza P1
I've sent you a pm

Is it a secret? :S

Posted on your build thread that although it is a better location, it is a lot of work as quite a few things need moved, heat management becomes an issue and do you have a downpipe as that is tight?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is it a secret? :S

Posted on your build thread that although it is a better location, it is a lot of work as quite a few things need moved, heat management becomes an issue and do you have a downpipe as that is tight?

Agreed, and I must confess that if going to the trouble of moving the turbo all the way over the box and hence all the extra work on downpipe etc, id probably have made the runners equal length at the same time, as it can help on a big spec motor (and not much point moving the turbo if its not one)

The motor will be a standard block at first. I've got a downpour aswell already made but I'm picking it up next week.

The manifold and down pipe where free with my donor car so its not that bad

172 cup, Impreza P1
The motor will be a standard block at first. I've got a downpour aswell already made but I'm picking it up next week.

The manifold and down pipe where free with my donor car so its not that bad

Unless going gt35 size turbo, I don't see the point in moving location. You will through lots more time and money,than you need to for no performance gains unless going for 500-600bhp. Free parts will never be so expensive.

i honestly dont understand your logic, all i need is a downpipe and heat protection, no different to a turbo behind the block?