ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo stud and bolts to use and link

clio 182
anyone got recommendations on what studs and bolt to use for turbo to manifold? and to downpipe etc..
anyone send me a link for what ones they have used.

cheers

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I've used this place before for studs and nuts on other cars, you'll have to check the size and thread is correct for you.
The copper and Brass Tri-lock nuts have worked well for me.

If you get problems with studs working loose you might want to consider switching to Inconel.

HBT 172 Cup
I've tried many variatons of studs and nuts over the years to varying degrees of success.
The issue is not parts rattling loose, its the studs stretching from the heat of the turbo. The only proper way around this is to buy inconel studs, which are expensive and only on the shelf in the USA (from what i found a year or so back).

On my latest build i just used normal M10 Stainless rod cut to size for the studs, Nordlock washers which do help although they arent really designed to be exposed to the heat of the turbo either and their mechanical proeprties worsen over tiem. I opted for M10 "K-nuts" (from merlin motorsport). They are a 12mm spanner size, which is ideal as one of the lower nuts on the Garrett flange has awful access, and the nut is flanged perfectly to the size of the washer. I've yet to use the car but fingers crossed.