ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo timer fitment

Sunflower 172 :)
hey i was just wondering if any1 knew what wires i need to connect a turbo timer and will this be affected by my imobiliser? cheers

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I used to have a basic Blitz timer on my 5 turbo. It needed 2 earths bolted to the chassic, a wire to the handbrake switch to act as a cut out, a constant live feed then two more which joined onto the 2 ignition wires so it could monitor the electric pulses when revving. It showed it all in the instruction manual that came with it.
On my 5 I only had a simply immobilisor that cut in after the engine stopped so it didn't affect it, not sure how a your alarm/ immobilisor would handle it.
Have you turbo'd your 172 then, as there's no need for a timer on a NA car? it's to keep oil/ water moving through the turbo to cool it down before the engine turns off

Sunflower 172 :)
no just sorting a few things owt before it gos on. should have it done by fcs hopefully

Last edited:
Why do you need one ?? (yes I do know about turbo charged cars, incase folk think I don't)

Can you not just drive it off boost for a mile or so ?

Polo + Micra
with my polo i just tend to let it tick over for a min after i get home then turn it off.