ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo Timer

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
Car  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I think this is the most appropriate section to put this in...........

Are there any Turbo Timer wiring harnesses, that will fit the Clio's? Are there any direct fit Turbo Timers I can use?

Before anyone asks, I do know my Clio doesn't have a turbo, but I do have my reason for asking ;) (it doesn't include sticking a turbo on my car).
 
Looks like I will have to join direct to the loom (starts earch for ignition wiring loom), thanks Danno.

lol at the ebay links and the turbo badge. I don't have a turbo badge on my turbo'd car, the Clio is definately not getting one.

I got used to having a turbo timer on on the Proton so want one on the Clio. They are handy for for cold mornings, when I want a warm car and can't be arsed to get the de-icer out.

It's easy...................
go out to car,
start it,
set heaters and de-misters etc,
take keys out (turbo timer keeps it going),
lock doors with key.

The windows are cleared and the car warmed while I take the Dogs for a walk. No chance of some scummy tw*t stealing the car (unlikely I know, especially as I don't live in Manchester, Nottingham etc) by smashing the window and taking the car away.

Will have it hidden under the dash and will have it set for 5-7mins as that 'shoud' be enough time.
 
ah i see why you want it! what bout gettin the clifford alarm with the auto start?

A turbo timer is well cheap (£15-£30 for a used one), alarm is a lot more. I think I am giving the Clio to my lass in April, so I don't want to spend much more of my money on it.
 
Scott the renault RAID sytem won't allow you to lock the car doors with the key fob whilst the ignition is on and engine running.
 
Scott the renault RAID sytem won't allow you to lock the car doors with the key fob whilst the ignition is on and engine running.

I mean put the key in the door and turn it. Would it be the same for that?
 
Back
Top