ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo's

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
I'm looking to buy a turbo for my 1.8 project car, does anyone know how much i can pick one up for? and how much it would cost to fit? any help would be much apprechiated.

Thanks!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I'd guess you be better not starting a project you don't have any clue how to start nevermind finish...no offence

R35 GTR
I'd guess you be better not starting a project you don't have any clue how to start nevermind finish...no offence

People shouldnt be scared off from having a go, at the end of the day as long as they dont kill themselves its only money they are wasting.

53 Clio's & counting
what martin means is you dont just need a turbo,you also need a exhaust manifold to mount the turbo on, need a way of putting more fuel in,lower compression,oil feed for the turbo,intercooler will be needed if you want to run anthing more than 6 psi,the list goes on

its dooable matey but not cheap

R35 GTR
what martin means is you dont just need a turbo,you also need a exhaust manifold to mount the turbo on, need a way of putting more fuel in,lower compression,oil feed for the turbo,intercooler will be needed if you want to run anthing more than 6 psi,the list goes on

its dooable matey but not cheap

this is the sort of advice we should give on the forum. Not : dont do it.:)

Seat Leon Cupra 290
has your tubby got a buyer dave? as i read somewhere yesterday that someone was picking up a 182 turbo soon

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
So much for paying for membership, who said anything about what i know about engines and such i know the lists go on, i was simply asking about the turbo itself.

If this carries on ill go else where to get information.

Chav Rocket
i didnt realise you had to pay i thought it was optional :) you had one comment that could possibly be seen as hostile ("no offence") one person backing you up and one person giving you some constructive advice.
Stop whining!

R35 GTR
i didnt realise you had to pay i thought it was optional :) you had one comment that could possibly be seen as hostile ("no offence") one person backing you up and one person giving you some constructive advice.
Stop whining!

I was thinking how to reply, but that sums it all up.

Forget it, I've got the information i need.

Carry on with that attitude and no one will help you! If you had worded your first post better then you wouldnt have got a hostile response in the first place. People on here are excellent and full of usefull information, you jsut need to make sure you ask the right questions because we have all seen people with high hopes that ask silly questions that get no where! This is why people put hostile responses in the first place.

Trophy #473
whats with all the hostility FFS.

I think thats a simple and precise enough question!!!
we all have to learn sometime!

I'm looking to buy a turbo for my 1.8 project car, does anyone know how much i can pick one up for? and how much it would cost to fit? any help would be much apprechiated.

Thanks!

Motorbikes
whats with all the hostility FFS.

I think thats a simple and precise enough question!!!
we all have to learn sometime!

Thanks!

Agreed. Didnt see anything worng with the original post. Simple question asking for a simple answer? Nobody should make assumptions of one other's technical knowledge...

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
make sure the turbo is level and not on the piss, as the oil will pool to one side and the turbo will burn out