ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turini wheels rubbing the arches

Hi,

Just purchased a set of Turini 2120 Wheels from k-tec and installed them,i think the ET is 42 as stated in k-tecs site, and it should be ok on stock and lowered cars, but today i drove with my mom and my sister sitting in the back seat, and as we go trough some bumps on the road i could hear the wheels rubbing. :confused:

My car is a 172 mk2.

Is this ok?! How can i solve this? Would some spacers (5mm) will solve this?!

Thanks in advance.

Ive had the same problem mate. I havent cured it yet either.

Is it a really bad scraping sound, esp when accelerating?

Hi,

When i drove with no one in the back seat its all ok, and even on bumpy roads theres no scraping or nothing, but if i take anyone in the back seat theres thre scraping... :cry:

And my 172 isnt even lowered! Its plain stock... :eek:

Anyone?!

A slow one :-(

Mine rub when i go over really rough bumps too quick. Can take ppl in the front, havent tried the back yet. Its an excuse to not give any one a lift tho! The problem will be solved soon when it goes to the body shop!

Ive had the same problem. I put 17s on my dynamique, lowered it 40mm and the rear arches would rub on the tyres with 4 or 5 people in the car. You need to sand or grind away the inner lip on the rear arches and it should be ok after that. Its not even difficult to do, you dont need to worry about using spacers.

Integra DC5 Type R

Guys, I got 17" Turinis on my Mk 2 172 and it is lowered 25mm all round. With just me in the car it doesnt scrape. Mine starts to scrape on hard lock, or even on sharp turning (i.e. small roundabouts) with passengers.

Sounds like you guys are hearing scraping from the back?? Mine is all on the front. I have had a look in the arch and it looks like the tyre is scraping on the small plastic protector which is mounted on the suspension strut... (?)

I dont experience any scraping on acceleration, even being lowered -25. In fact, I am even going to lower the back -40mm cos i reckon there is plenty of room.

On non-lowered cars i cant see why it should scrape cos you wheel+tyre is the same diameter as the wheel+tyre on the standard 16s...

(am willing to stand corrected boys...)

Ph1

Rick_172

Soz your wrong a 195/45 16"tyre has a total diameter of 587mm a 205/40 17" tyre has a total diameter of 596mm a difference of + 9mm.

Just for the record a 195/50 15"tyre = 577mm and a 205/45 16" = 590mm.

Hope this helps.