ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turtle wax ice

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Has anyone used this stuff? looks pretty good in the adverts.... but everything looks good in an advert.

Wanted to know your opinions if you used it. Worth the money? couse this is the detailing one ive seen but theres also an ICE polish as well.

Ive always used Autoglym so im not sure how this would be compared to my usual stuffs.

Opinions welcome!

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Couse this stuff and the polish sais "leaves no white residue" which is mint! in my opinion couse its fooking annoying when you polish a car and it leaves all the white bits.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
lol the advert annoys me 'wax at the speed of ice'. is it me or when you think of ice it wouldnt be a word you would associate with speed lol

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Ha ha thats exactly what I said to my missis! how fast is ice? LOL

Takes ages to make it in the freazer!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Never used the Turtle wax ice , but i regularly use Turtle wax " wax it wet " . It's really good stuff for using when you don't have much time . Its probably same as the the Duragloss aquawax , spray it on when it's wet then wipe off with a microfibre cloth .Cost's about 4 quid from Tescos or 6 quid from Halfords .

Never used the Turtle wax ice , but i regularly use Turtle wax " wax it wet " . It's really good stuff for using when you don't have much time . Its probably same as the the Duragloss aquawax , spray it on when it's wet then wipe off with a microfibre cloth .Cost's about 4 quid from Tescos or 6 quid from Halfords .
I've used the wax it wet dtuff in the past, I found it to be quite good.

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Bought it today, and did the whole car including the glass. Was £12.99 in Hal-frauds and I think it was well worth it.

Well chuffed with results. And much less hassle than normal polish and none of that powdery white s**t after.

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Just a quick pic of mine after the ice polish. Was a really gloomy day so not the best pic really. But still good.
img12021lm6.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
^ looks not bad at all from that pic. i bought it about 3 weeks ago...but being the lazy sod that i am, i have not washed my car yet to try it. im hoping its good enough for someone who is not into detailing, but wants a resonable finish. would anyone say it lives up to my hopes?

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Yeah Im lazy as well..... so perfect polish :)

Once we get a sunny day I will do it again and take another proper pic

Cupped 182 with Recaros
I got a load of the Ice stuff for free (when my car was used in the Top Gear promotion when it was launched...!), was not that impressed with it.

It does not "polish" the surface, just adds a superficial shine to it, which I guess is quite good as it means you can make the car look good without removing any paint. I found that it didn't really last like proper polishing tho.

Inferno Orange 182 FF
i was guna look at gettin that for my 206 but i didnt bother in the end cause ive got stacks of full bottles of auto gylm, now im thinkin i shouldnt have got the g3 glass paint protection cause i wana polish my car every week like my 206 =[ we shall see! lol
els - your car looks mint!! =D

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Thank you very much. :) Will try and get a proper pic up soon.

But deffo gona polish mine again tomoz :) LOL