ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tv aerial routing

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
In our living room the tv is positioned around 3/4 metres from the aerial point therefore we have a cable running pretty much the length of the room and I’ve no way to hide it. Any suggestions?

I’ve looked at wireless aeriels but can’t really find anything suitable.

Are there any things out there similar to linking internet through the mains? Ie Ethernet into the box in a socket then another plugged in another room and it carries the signal?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That has been suggested but she controls where furniture goes in the hoose:)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
My dad binned off all aerials and watches everything via the internet. Not 100% sure how and what he watches though. I think he can watch live TV though.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Sadly the tv needs hard wired in via an Ethernet so that’s also out! Plus I don’t think it’s as easy as just flicking through channels on the internet

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Sadly the tv needs hard wired in via an Ethernet so that’s also out! Plus I don’t think it’s as easy as just flicking through channels on the internet

Is the TV just used for Freeview, i'm only asking as you've no need for an aerial with Sky/Virgin.

If it were me, I'd be chasing it into the wall, down to floor level (wherever it comes into the house now) then run it under the skirting board if possible (hidden by the carpet). However it would depend on your flooring etc.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Cheers for the reply mate

We have wooden floors so running it along looks daft.

Yeah just for freeview..

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Can you not use a plug adapter (Power line)? Ethernet to your plug where your TV is powered and another to your router.
I think my dad has some TV box which he gets it from. I'll ask him this week when I go.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Cheers for the reply mate

We have wooden floors so running it along looks daft.

Yeah just for freeview..

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Assume you can't go outside and along the external wall ?

Just a bit of cable-trunking along the lowest extremities ? It won't look thaaaat bad along the top of the skirting ?!

Can you replace the skirting with some hollow stuff ?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Hollow skirting is actually a great idea. It’s a semi detached. Could always ask the neighbour if I can go through his house :)

Clio200 EDC Lux
We have a tv in the kitchen with no aerial and without running 10 metres of cable and looking a right didn't bother. Instead I got a fire stick and use the tv player app which basically allows you to watch normal tv only streamed.