ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV Help/Recommendations

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
My mate has broke his TV and is putting through an insurace claim. The replacement they've offered him is a Panasonic TH42PX8B 42" Plasma. I don't really know much about TV's but the Panasonic plasma's are supossed to be pretty handy aren't they?

Basically, is there another TV or similar price that would be a better option? They've told him he can ask for another model if he wants.

Cheers in advance

Ric

Oil Burner
the 8 is the entry level model, the pz80 would be better as a 1080p model (if my memory serves me)

However it is still a very good set. Panasonic are one of the top makes of plasma tv's.

I wouldnt be too upset about the 8b as a replacement. but see if you can get a pz80

Can't remember the model number of what he had before but it was a 43" rear projection jobbie. Bloody massive thing with the stand and speakers. Think it was a Panasonic or Samsung.

Last edited:
  Octy VRS
Seems ok to me if he had a rear projection before, ok it's not 1080p but it will still be a great TV.

Oil Burner
the 8 is the entry level model, the pz80 would be better as a 1080p model (if my memory serves me)

However it is still a very good set. Panasonic are one of the top makes of plasma tv's.

I wouldnt be too upset about the 8b as a replacement. but see if you can get a pz80

Like this?

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/conte...B~dept~ctv~subdept~PLASMA~brand~panasonic.htm

Thats twice the price of the one he's been offered! Don't think they'll got for that

thats the 800