ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV knackered just in time for the olympics :(

Mk2 Golf GTI
Guys what's my stance here? The unit is a Samsung 40" smart LCD that is only 7 months old. It's now got a large black bar across the top third of the screen that flickers Is there any way I can push for a store replacement as I took it into Curry's and they said that I'd have to send it off for repair :mad:

Do they offer a temporary replacement while the other is being fixed? If not, I'm thinking of buying a new one then returning it but am just a bit paranoid that I won't get a refund.

Thoughts?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Next time buy from richer sounds :rasp: you'd get a replacement/loan unit!

I don't think you'd get a refund on a new one if you had it a week or two without a damn good reason, but what do I know ?

Listerine & Poledo
You've got a manufacturers warranty, you're gonna have to use it.

I can't imagine they'll just swap you a new one after 7 months of use.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Next time buy from richer sounds :rasp: you'd get a replacement/loan unit!

I don't think you'd get a refund on a new one if you had it a week or two without a damn good reason, but what do I know ?

I very rarely buy extended warranties, but got my AV set up covered for 5 years with RS. Brilliant service. Dropped my AV receiver off with them, was given the same unit as a loan, picked it up a couple of weeks later, all repaired. Tested in store to make sure as well.

Will cover everything over a couple of hundred quid I buy from them from now on.

I will also never, ever buy from Comet / Dixon's etc due to completely abysmal customer service.