ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV Recorders

It's A Reno
I was at a mates flat the other day and he was showing me his new TV recorder, this actually.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5321636/Trail/searchtext>TV+RECORDER.htm

I haven't got one at the mo but this has got me thinking about getting one.
I was really impressed with it and the onscreen menus we very logical and easy to use.

I was wodering what people's opinion of it would be. Would you say it good, ok or a piece of sh'it and if so what can you recommend?

P.S. I don't have Sat TV and won't be getting it in the foreseeable future.

Cheers

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a freeview box with built in hardrive so I can record, I can also pause live TV (Didn't know till about 2 months after buying it :p) Got it in my room too :cool:

I've got a pvr, as I don't have/want sky as the only channel I'd watch that isn't available on freeview is sky 1.

They are pretty handy things to have, but I'd get a decent make and as big a hdd as you can afford, as is a pain when you lose all your programs.

I've got the 160 Gb version of the Sagem one above. Had it a few months and had no problems at all with it.

It'll be in the for sale section next week when i get my V+ box installed

It's A Reno
If you don't have sky, is there enough on the basic 5 channels to need a recorder? lol..

LOL, I know what you mean, but I like the idea of being able to pause live tv when I'm getting a drinkie and I can stash lots of stuff like QI and TopGear away on the drive for those frequent boring tv days. Quite like the series record facility too.
The reason I don't want sky is because I watch a lot of tv as is. With sky I'd get sofa sores lol.

Actually, this one if you can stretch:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5321698/Trail/searchtext%3EHUMAX.htm

Have you had a look at freesat? Yeah the boxes are more expensive, but you get a bit of HD as well.

Ooh, like that. Serious drive size too.
I'm not sure what the differences Freesat give tbh.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Freesat gives you some HD channels (hardly any content though) and some really crap channels.

Freeview gives you the decent channels from Freesat, no HD though, plus Dave and some other channels which are Freeview only.

We've got Freesat and Freeview tuners in our TV and it's always left on the Freeview tuner bar the couple of times I've flicked over to bbc hd.

We also have a Humax 9200 freeview recorder and it's been great, had it so many years now and couldn't do without it.

It's A Reno
Freesat gives you some HD channels (hardly any content though) and some really crap channels.

Freeview gives you the decent channels from Freesat, no HD though, plus Dave and some other channels which are Freeview only.

We've got Freesat and Freeview tuners in our TV and it's always left on the Freeview tuner bar the couple of times I've flicked over to bbc hd.

We also have a Humax 9200 freeview recorder and it's been great, had it so many years now and couldn't do without it.

Thanks for that.

What are the menus like on the Humax, because one of the things that impressed me about the Sagem was the menus and how user friendly and versatile they are.
We have a Sony freeview box at the moment and they are not great.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Thanks for that.

What are the menus like on the Humax, because one of the things that impressed me about the Sagem was the menus and how user friendly and versatile they are.
We have a Sony freeview box at the moment and they are not great.

The one I had (9200T) was very easy to use. There was a search function, series link, 7 day epg and it was all laid out very well. I only ditched it because I have V+ (which is no where near as good to use imo).