ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV required 37"

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm looking for a 37" LCD tv for my bedroom, at the minute i'm using a 26" old style tv's the one with the big backs.

I'm looking to spend around no more than £500 it needs to be 1080p also more than 50hz for my PS3, plus a pc slot so i can watch films of my PC

Don't want LG, considered Toshiba, Pannasonic, Samsung, JVC

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm looking for a 37" LCD tv for my bedroom, at the minute i'm using a 26" old style tv's the one with the big backs.

I'm looking to spend around no more than £500 it needs to be 1080p also more than 50hz for my PS3, plus a pc slot so i can watch films of my PC

Don't want LG, considered Toshiba, Pannasonic, Samsung, JVC

Just imo, but 37's aren't always the best to go for, as they have the same resoloution as the 32's, and are just larger, so effectively worse quality (same amount of pixels on a larger screen = larger pixels), i'd personally either go up or down a size...

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What's up wtith LG? Mine's mint!

I know a few people who have one and they say the quality of the pic isnt as good as the other brands i mentioned. I've never tried LG so.

Just imo, but 37's aren't always the best to go for, as they have the same resoloution as the 32's, and are just larger, so effectively worse quality (same amount of pixels on a larger screen = larger pixels), i'd personally either go up or down a size...

I have though about going bigger but there's little room in my room lol, i'd have to re arange stuff like the bed and cabinet. 37" is fine where my tv is now but it may be possible to get a bigger tv like 40". my tv that i got now well more than 10 year old maybe 15 years JVC. so when i move out lol have my own plave i'd like to have a bigger tv for the sitting room

Last edited by a moderator:

what utter b****cks the bigger you go the worse it will look if you sit close 1080p on any screen is still 1080p there is no better quality resolution wise

the key is sitting the correct distance from the tv to maximise quality and minimise any problems

also Lg are the largest TV manufacturer in the world at the moment

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
But often you can only sit as far away as the room allows etc... especially for a bedroom.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the same amount of pixels, across a bigger area, equals bigger pixels? Which equals less crisp image?

yes your right so why did you tell him to go up a size then as that will just make it worse !

and your right you can only sit as far away as the room allows so that means you should only go for s certain size set !

what makes that hard is teh fact that you need to sit further away for SD material than you do for HD as obviously HD has more detail so you can sit closer without issues where as SD will start to look very s**t

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
thats the tv i was getting but theres no stock anywhere in croydon :( so got the 37'' instead.

the 37" they had in stock was the last one was reduced to £449 but the 40" same model was £500.

There's no space at all if even for a 37" where my tv is now, i'll have defo re arrange furnitre so i'm sitting further back at the tv. might be a job for tmw

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
go into your local tesco extra, you can get £100 off a brand new 37" if you trade in ANY old TV