ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV - such a thing as too large??

Following on from the what TV thread, I'd narrowed it down to one TV. An LED 37" LG.

However, Tescos are now offering these two for the same pricing;

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-7836.aspx

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-3280.aspx

So 3" and 5" bigger... Still LED, still full HD etc etc...

Question is, sitting/lying on the bed just over two metres away, is a 40-42" TV just too big? I hate going to the cinema and having to look "around" the screen to see what's going on - same with sitting too close to a monitor...

Thoughts??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a 40 inch in my living room and it looks ok.

If I had that in my bedroom it would look rediculous.

For the first week or so, it will seem too big. Then you'll wish you had bigger.

Get the biggest you can afford.

DB.

BMW 440i
My mate has a 42 in a very small room and it gives him headaches and hurts his eyes, so I guess you can go too big, but I'm still going to go for either a 42 or 46 for my room as It's a tad bigger.

Octavia VRS LE
i used to have a 42 in my bedroom and bed was about a meter and half, 2 meters away and it was fine.

For the first week or so, it will seem too big. Then you'll wish you had bigger.

Get the biggest you can afford.

Since it will become the lounge TV when I get my own place, that makes sense.

blinding!

What size is the bedroom?

Ithankya.

Bed room is four metres wide. The bed sits in an alcove with a half metre gap between the end of the bed and the chest of drawers where the TV will stand.

Clio
If the TV is going to stand on something I'd say 42 is to big for a bedroom. if it is going on the wall then its fine.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Remove the tampon JD.

Too big and TV should never be used in the same sentence ever! FFS!

1.2 y0!
I have a 46" in my bedroom with full sound surround and its a verry small room, great for gaming or films though, wouldnt change it for the word unless i could get a slimmer one as it pokes out a bit, it takes up a whole wall though lol :eek: