ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tweeter Fitting

Clio V6 255

HELP! how exactly do you get the tweeters out of a nice new clio? only i dont exactly want to go screwdrivering about and start wrecking things!! ive managed to replace front and rear speakers, but these nasty tweeters are sounding crap and need replacing, but as i said how do i remove them!!!

Clio V6 255

Put top of the range pioneers (TS-E1395 in:

13CM 3-WAY SPEAKERS
160W MAX.
13cm 3D Magnesium Hybrid woofer
25mm Titanium dome midrange
10mm tweeter
Power Blades
Butyl Rubber edge
Nominal input power : 35W
Frequency Response : 40-32,000Hz, 90dB (1W/1m)

Excellent quality, and good bass, i dont think you can get anything better as i looked around for a while before deciding as money didnt matter. They are a bit on the expensive side though.

They do have an incorporated tweeter, but i still want to uprate the ones in the dash, but dont know how!

Clio V6 255

thought so, as the little grille type things look dangerously fragile on the top. I bet taking the dash out is a nightmare and takes a whole day, still, if it has to be done....

Am i right in thinking tweeters only have one size and new ones would fit straight in?

Clio V6 255

maybe not. looks like they come in various diameters. anyone know what size fits? be it 1" or 1.25" or something else?

Actually taking the dash out isnt that much of a nightmare. As for the size not sure .My Alpine tweeters were very slightly undersize so had to be held in with insulating tape. Sounds a bit gash but works fine and you cant see it through the grills.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Did you put the same model both back and front? and do you plan to amp them in the future. Also do you think it necessary to fit a sub or is there plenty of bass.
So its not that much of a nightmare....but how do you do it?

On the MK1 you remove 7 screws .Three along the air vent under the windscreen , two at either end beside the side air vents and two under the top of the instrument binnacle. Then the windscreen side pillars need to be unclipped and the dash should then come out with a bit of wiggling!!

Zydered...

Did you put the Pioneers into the Front and Back?? is it worth doing? as I really dont want to have to change the headunit as it sounds like a pain to connect the remote to it and you lose the dash display, so Im looking at just changing the speakers. Was there enough room in the doors? Was it simply a case of unscrewing the old speakers and screwing in the new ones? The best price Ive seen for the Pioneer TS-E1395 is £59 per pair...how much did you pay?

Sorry for all the questions mate but I really need to improve the sound quality of the standard installation.

Thanks
Morbius

Clio V6 255

yes, the speakers went in both front and back, and i screwed them straight in, as the plastic frame looked fairly solid. sound is "greatly" improved as the magnets on the speakers are huge for the speakers size. The plastic and seats in the rear of the car are an offputting thought when you have to remove it all to get to the speakers, but it is well worth it.

59 quid is an excellent price as i paid just over 100 for a pair from sextons, but i cant say that i looked around for a price.

I think they are the most powerful speakers for their size on the market, i think JBL do something 10W more but they are 2-way not 3-way and i dont think they have an integrated tweeter.

It is worth getting the most powerful you can find, because when they are that small, you need to crank the volume up to get some decent sound!!

I dont know what the original head unit is like (is it 4x35W???) but ive got a clarion 4x50W installed for good measure.

If anyone knows of any better speakers than the pioneer ones please post your info here!.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Hey guys, thought i might just add to your convo. I just got some of the Pioneer speakers you were talking about (13cm 3-Way 160W) yesterday! Eager as i was i tried to install them last night, literally! Well i came across a little problem! The OE wire from the head unit to the front door speakers had a funny adapter. And the speakers had the universal fitting clip. So what am i suppose to do? Replace the existing wire with the one supplied by Pioneer? Or cut the adapter off and insert the new clips? Also the OE wire is made from Yellow and Green. Which is the positive? thanks

Gengar

Cut the adapter off. But before doing this check the old speaker very carefully one of the terminals should be marked + or - and from the old adapter you should be able to work out which wire is which.

Guys, I am sure that sony and kenwood both do standard fitment upgraded speakers that fit in the exact same holes as the standard speakers, are fixed in with the same fixings and accept the standard renault wiring plug! This is what i will do in the summer when i have paid for mine, and i intend to upgrade the power to these with a 4 x 150 watt amp, and a 1000 watt amp running a couple of subs :)

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Guys, can you just explain to me the principle of amps please. Ive got a Kenwood head unit, 2xPioneer components, 2xJL components. I wanna get 2 10" subs, so do i require a 2 channel sub? What about the channels coming out of the head unit. Its 4x45 so hows that gonna work? Is it worth amping your components? Just treat me a fool who dont know amps. They just elude me totally. Thanks for any help

Hon

It depends how mad you wanna go. You have a lot of options, you could run the subs off a 2x200watt amp, or as long as the amp is 2ohm stable you could run them in parallel, say from a 400 watt amp, but then the output would be monaural, rather than stereo. If you are considering putting a lot of power through the subs (more than 200 watts each) then amplifying the components would also be useful or they might get drowned out!!!!

Hi

You can get those Pioneers for £49.95 from CarAudioDesign - I found them on a search via Yahoo!! (UK only).

With my current standard setup, I get vibration from the speaker areas when pushing them reasonably hard - I cant tell if it is coming from the grills or the housing that the speakers are in or even the door/rear panel. Did you get this problem?

If not was it cured by the new speakers?

kind regards

ak_uk

Clio V6 255

nothing like good vibrations, unless it happens to be coming from the speaker setup!! with the "pants" standard speakers you tend to get loads of noise coming from the rear, the front seems fine. with the new speakers in they are loud enough to cover any noise and if you secure them in correctly you shouldnt have too much of a problem.

Ive still got to remove those crappy tweeters, but the weather has been a major factor in stopping me.

If you get a good enough head unit the components should be adequately powered (4x50w standard), get an amp if you are a power freak!.

Im glad people are finding the pioneers acceptable! the last thing i wanted it to recommend speakers which other people think sound crap! but they are the best!

bit pissed off at buying them for 100 quid for a pair, but im lazy and cant be bothered to shop around!!.

i would still like advice on what size the tweeters are please!!!!!!!!

Clio V6 255

ill put the rattling down to the "plastic fantastic" approach to the back of the clio. my old saxo used to have the same problem, the boot flooring even used to rattle on that baby.

stacks of that insulation (EXPENSIVE!!!) is probably the only way to solve that.

When I popped into my local Halfords to see if they stocked the Pioneer speakers (they didnt) I noticed that they had some Infinty 552is the same size at about £60....listening to them on their display board they sounded great. Anyone had any experience with these speakers...

Cheers,
Morbius

I had some infinity 6.5" two ways in the front of my micra (dont laugh) they sounded sweet, running off a kenwood 5 channel amp together with a kenwood 10" sub and 7x10s Nice!!!!

Most tweeters come with several mounting brackets in the box so whatever size you get you should be able to fit them. If the worst comes to the worst just stuff the holes under the dash with blutack and stick the tweeters on top. You should adjust the angles and listen to them before replacing the dash for perfect sound-staging.

If youre not using crossovers (signal splitters) the tweeters should come with some little in-line capacitors on the + lead on each speaker. If not, get some as youll fry them.

Ive got some 1" kenwood 150W HQs hooked up to a 50W RMS amp and they sound crisp.

Ned

infinity rock my first system way all infinity and i didnt manage to kill a single speaker.... only thing is i find them a little bit harsh at the top end.

i fitted 4 of these speakers in my new clio. they do make a difference, but they dont really destroy the old system. the factory stereo with the clio is quite good considering. but with my pioneer 7400 and my 4 pioneer emotions its sounding nice. however you really do need a sub (next on list). i think a nice 10inch sub will give excellent sound quality, without shaking the car to bits.

i dont see how you found so much hassle fitting them. i found the back ones really easily. seats folded forwarded and the door panel just popped off.

HAVING PROBLEMS WITH YOUR TWEETERS HEY? FORGET GETTING THE ONES OUT OF THE DASH,READ "MAJOR NITEMARE". DO WHAT I DID AND FIT THEM TO THE PLASTIC COVER AT THE MIRROR BASE.REMOVE THIS TRIM BY GIVING IT A GOOD PULL (OOH ERR)AND SEPERATE THE TWO PIECES(ONE INNER & ONE OUTER).DRAW AROUND THE TWEETER ON TO THE OUTER COVER WITH A PENCIL AND DRILL IT OUT.PUSH THE TWEETER BACK THROUGH FROM THE INSIDE AND AT THE RIGHT ANGLE GLUE INTO PLACE.KEPT UP SO FAR !!!! THEN OFF DOWN TO THE YOUR ICE STORE FOR SOME SPEAKER CLOTH(MINES IN GREY) STRETCH THIS OVER THE TWEETER GLUE AROUND THE EDGES AND PUSH BACK ON TO THE CAR,VOILA ! BLUE PETER WOULD BE PROUD.
IVE FITTED 13CM DDD-DRIVE ALPINES,WITH THE CROSSOVER IN THE DOOR.AND ROCKFORD FOSGATE 13CM AUDIOPHILES IN THE REAR QUARTERS.CRYSTAL CLEAR BUT YOUR NEED AMPS.

Grant as I said further up this thread somewhere replacving the ones in the dash was not very hard at all and certainly not a nightmare. It also means you dont have to go about drilling big holes in your car! Each to their own I guess.