ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tweeter mounting And amp help

Renault Clio 53 1.2
Right well will fill you in currently have a kenwood Kdc-6047u head unit, diamond audio 4 300/4 Powering focal a1 130 up front and channel 3/4 bridged for a jl 12w1v2 subwoofer
My questions are
1) where would be the best place to mount tweeter at the moment there in stock location with bigger cables going to door and cross overs under dash.
2) what would be a good mono amp for the jl sub
3) what to use the other 2 channels for rear speakers?
4) how can I improve the quality of my door for the speaker, I am to a budget do nothing outrageous sound proofing Is so expensive :( apparently an mdf baffle can improve it but don't understand how
And finally any audio pro willing to teach me a thing or too about tuning an amp ? And simple improvements or recommendations to make that would help i.e speaker stuffing anything little that makes a difference thats low cost to do? And want to get everything out of my system it's and great set of speakers the warm jl babalances the bright focal speakers very well have to say good pairing looking forward to getting a new amp for the sub :) anyway sorry about the paragraph. :) thanks in advance :)

Renault Clio 1.6 16V 110
1) best place to mount tweeters would be on the a pillars where they are in axis with your face as high range sound is very directional. saying that you wouldnt notice much difference to where they are now.

2) 2 good amps to go for would be these. 1 being a good solid and reliable amp with head room for future upgrade. 2 would compliment the sub better with better sound quality but no room for future upgrade

A) http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/spl-dynamics-ice800d.html
B) http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jlaudio-jx360-2.html

3)i would leave the rear channel alone for now untill you are happy with the rest of the install then possible add some rear speakers. doing this will mess around with the sound stage and make the front not sound as good. music naturally sounds better from infront.

4)you may not like having to do it or having to pay but the best way to make your door speakers sound better is to use sound deadening.
you can get a bulk pack from here http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/silent-coat-volume-pack.html
this is recommended by alot of people as the best budget sound deadening to use and will match the performance of more expensive SD.
i found using mdf baffles isolates the speaker from the door and gives it more kick so this is a small upgarde to get a bit more from them.

amp tuning is down to taste as its how you want your music to sound. the only really way to set gains correctly on an amp is to use an oscillscope which alot of people dont have access too. second best is setting with a multimeter but clip can still occur as the amp may not produce the power is states. as all amps are different i would need details of it to expand on.

hope this helps

Renault Clio 53 1.2
Well that's a great answer thanks for your time and that's a hell of a lot cheaper then I thought for sound proofing :) do you know a guide for sound deadening ? Thanks again

Renault Clio 1.6 16V 110
no problem. basically what you want to do is seal the door off apart from the drain holes on the bottom.

so you need to put it on the outer skin of the door (on the inside) and then cover the big hole which gives access to you electric window mechanism and motor. it will peel off if anything goes wrong, this will give something for the speaker to load against.

i will get a picture up of my doors to give you an example.