ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twin magnex on black mk2 172 anyone

Dont suppose anyone has a pic of a twin 3.5" magnex or similar on a black mk2 172? Looks like my quest for a replacement exhaust is over and Im curious how itll look :) If anyone has a pic could they post it?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

dutty_112 has the exact one on his Dynamique. It has a 172 Mk2 rear bumper thouhg, so it looks exactly the same.

Ill have a look if i have a picture of it....

Damn, looks a fair bit bigger than I expected! Might have to paint the back box bit black so its not so noticeable. Shame they dont do it in 3" as well, would look a bit more subtle. Cheers for the pics!

Funny how they look different sizes on different pics. That one that gt_gaz has posted they look tiny!

Any tips for getting it fitted as close to the bumper as that? Im going to fit it myself, but never done a full system before, just a decat.

Apparently the one Im getting has been shortened by an inch or so to keep it under the bumper more, which is a good thing imho.

VaVa

Looks terrible imho. Looks so stuck on and really out of place just hanging beneath the bumper. needs to be cut in imho.

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 13 July 2005
Looks terrible imho. Looks so stuck on and really out of place just hanging beneath the bumper. needs to be cut in imho.

Agree that it would look better cut in, but dont want to irreversibley butcher the car. Going to have the same problem with any 172 exhaust, and only stealth option i know of is the ktec which is too loud for me. Im certainly not paying Reno for another substandard mild steel system so ill have to live with the slightly dubious looks of the magnex.

R

rich[182]

get yourself a single 3" tailpipe and a genuine renault rear bumper cut out from a 182 so it looks "factory" and a proper job, dont think itd put off buyers either when you come to sell, wont look after market like the magnex imo

I think if I can fit it as far back as on Days picture and then spray the box (but not the pipes) with high temp black paint that I just happen to have a can of itll look ok. Its gotta be better than driving round with half the exhaust missing like I am at the moment :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 13 July 2005

Seems to stick out far on the Mk2 172

Fits the earlier model far better!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/day172/Magnex2.jpg
thats because if you look at any mark 2 172s, their bumper taper in more at the bottom, (compered to the one above mark 1)

i had to trim 10mm off the flange that fits into the pipe after the cat, before hand it was being a nightmere, kept catching on the axel/bumper etc. now it fits snug :D happy with mine, ill get some proper pics done when i get me camera back

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by lurking on 14 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 13 July 2005

Looks terrible imho. Looks so stuck on and really out of place just hanging beneath the bumper. needs to be cut in imho.

Agree that it would look better cut in, but dont want to irreversibley butcher the car. Going to have the same problem with any 172 exhaust, and only stealth option i know of is the ktec which is too loud for me. Im certainly not paying Reno for another substandard mild steel system so ill have to live with the slightly dubious looks of the magnex.

Charlie @ prospeed will make you a stealth system as quiet or as loud as you like. And I always thought the 172 came with a stainless exhaust as standard.??

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 14 July 2005 at 6:00pm]

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 14 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by lurking on 14 July 2005 Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 13 July 2005 Looks terrible imho. Looks so stuck on and really out of place just hanging beneath the bumper. needs to be cut in imho.
[/QUOTE]

Agree that it would look better cut in, but dont want to irreversibley butcher the car. Going to have the same problem with any 172 exhaust, and only stealth option i know of is the ktec which is too loud for me. Im certainly not paying Reno for another substandard mild steel system so ill have to live with the slightly dubious looks of the magnex. Charlie @ prospeed will make you a stealth system as quiet or as loud as you like. And I always thought the 172 came with a stainless exhaust as standard.??[/QUOTE]

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 14 July 2005 at 6:00pm]

Well, ive got a 2nd hand magnex arriving tomorrow so Ill stick with that. If I really dont like it Ill change it in a few months but Ill probably get used to it.

The standard exhaust system is most definitely not stainless!!! As Ive probably already mentioned, Ive had 3 172s in the last 3 years, and never had a standard exhaust system make it past 24k miles. Always been rusted to buggery when Ive taken them off. If they did put a stainless system on they might last a bit longer. I wish they did as Ill probably end up with a 182 in a year or so and thatll mean yet more money to be spent on fixing Renaults shoddy work!

R

rich[182]

lurking - seem to remember lee (mather ?) had his twin magnex refitted by having a small section of the zorst chopped so it didnt stick out as much, was a while ago but try doing a search, definitely sat better and higher too, agree re. painting backbox black, should make a difference too

Golf R/Leon FR

just got mine yesterday. tried fitting it but one of the bolts on the flange has rounded off and i cant seem to get the bugger off.