ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Two months of CUP ownership

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
So this morning I took it out for a drive along a nice selection of roads to a PistonHeads Sunday service at Denbies Vineyard in Dorking. Great selection of performance vehicles both new and old with a wide range of manufacturers on display.

Roads were empty but wet and slippery in places and had witnessed two vehicles that had been involved in accidents all on their own.

Here are a couple of images
View attachment 1345545

View attachment 1345546
And? How was the drive, I know you said it was a bit slippery but wasn't it more enjoyable than the commute?

RB Clio 182
I too love the sound of the noisy engine, its just raw, and ready to be driven hard, then it ticks over smiling at me wanting me to put my foot down again to tickle its vtt solenoid to give it an orgasm and let of some smoke!

I love mine, and the oem cup suspension setup is fine as a daily, they look like cute little pugs, but growl like a nasty hungry rotweiler.

They have little car syndrome.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Good fun, car was in it's element on clear roads. Might make it a regular thing to go out on a Sunday morning and enjoy the emptiness of Surrey roads.
Wish Sussex roads were clear on a Sunday
Bleedin OAP 25mph sunday drivers everywhere, and especially awful near entrances/exits to garden centres
Youd think with only a little bit of life left to go, the olduns would get a move on. LOL

One thing that seemed apparent yesterday was peoples desire to pull out on me whilst I was either already on the roundabout indicating for the relevant exit, or driving down a fast B road minding my own business, only then to plod along no where near the speed limit or then take the next turn or junction within a few hundred yards of pulling out.

I'm sure people look when pulled up at a junction , see "a little clio" and pull out assuming their German diesel or 3 pot euro box is faster than a 15 year Clio believing it's nothing more than a 1.2 not something with 172bhp.

I used my old Cup as a daily, 14 miles each way. Loved every minute of it. I love the rawness of it, almost like analogue driving.
Yeah the interior plastics are cheap French stuff but they have so much character and are soooo cheap to run.
I'm enjoying the more grown up megane 225 at the moment but still have a little hankering for another 172 when the kids are out of child seats....

Keep it and enjoy it. There is nothing being made anymore like em. I do miss the linear n/a engine.