ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Two Questions

Do the Snooper 4 Neo RLD pick up red light runner cameras?

Secondly those on here with a 182. Have you declared you cup and suspension packs?

there was a lot of problems with the cup packs and insurance, basically as its standard, or its standard when it leaves the factory you dont have to declare it extra! some people had problems with this, but i believe Jeramy Townsend on here who works for Renault UK, phoned one insurance company to tell them that its standard spec!

My Snooper S6-R doesnt detect red light cameras so I doubt the map is different for the S4-R

Direct line told me it wasnt standard and charged me extra. Switched to Privledge and they say it wasnt standard but didnt charge me extra. (listed on policy though)

My advice, always tell the insurance company and if they want to charge you extra then you can challange them or buy elsewhere.

Much better to resolve the issue up front than to have a bump, fault or otherwise and then have a legal battle over the validity of your insurance.

At the end of the day, its up to the insurance company to decide whats standard and whats a modification

D

[Edited by Decto on 22 May 2005 at 2:03pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Decto on 22 May 2005

My Snooper S6-R doesnt detect red light cameras so I doubt the map is different for the S4-R

Direct line told me it wasnt standard and charged me extra. Switched to Privledge and they say it wasnt standard but didnt charge me extra. (listed on policy though)

My advice, always tell the insurance company and if they want to charge you extra then you can challange them or buy elsewhere.

Much better to resolve the issue up front than to have a bump, fault or otherwise and then have a legal battle over the validity of your insurance.

At the end of the day, its up to the insurance company to decide whats standard and whats a modification

D

[Edited by Decto on 22 May 2005 at 2:03pm]

lmao these are the same company Direct line told me it wasnt standard and charged me extra. Switched to Privledge

Quote: Originally posted by nixontim on 21 May 2005

Secondly those on here with a 182. Have you declared you cup and suspension packs?
why would you need a red light runner detector ????

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by nixontim on 21 May 2005

I told Direct Line about mine when i took out my insurance....they said that as it came form the factory like it and the it was covered in the Value of the car then it didnt matter, they didnt charge me extra.

Yes DL and Priv are the same company but aimed at different segments of the market so different rules discounts vs sectors.

Guess it depends who you speak to on the day, still say you should declare it rather than assume.

D

Im not saying i need a red light runner detector. They are similar looking cameras to Gatsos and wondered why it was not picking them up. thought it might not be working right. Thats all.

Mini Cooper S sport

First Alternative dont consider the cup packs as modifications because it left the factory with them - and they were miles cheaper than everyone else so I went with them!

The problem I found was trying to explain to insurance companies what the cup packs and suspension were - the lists they had were for non-factory fit suspension and spoilers/bodykit and didnt have a clue what I was talking about.

Most wouldnt have charged extra, but one of them would have charged extra for the cup spoiler :confused:.

i never decared my suspension pack as its an option on the car. if you had a different different car and had aircon as an option you wouldnt have to declare it would you? get where im coming from? as for the red light cameras, if you get tom tom sat nav it can show where they are if you buy the software for it. software is avaliable from tom tom themselves or for about £5-10 on ebay