ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Alignment..?

02 Clio Sport 172 Full Fa
I'm not expert.. I had two new tyres on the front of my car this morning and they did alignment, balance etc... but now when i hold the steering wheel straight whilst driving, it goes slightly right, so to go straight I have the keep the steering wheel slightly to the left, if I took it back can they make it right?

Suzuki Ignis
Take it back, tell them to make it right. Say it wasn't like that before and that they must of done something you didn't ask for.

Mine was off centre to btw.

RenaultSport Clio 172
yeah sounds like they just didn't centre the wheel.

all they do there (well, one way i've seen it done anyway) is they put like a 'clamp' over the steering wheel that holds it straight, and then they adjust the wheels to the proper alignment

02 Clio Sport 172 Full Fa
yeah sounds like they just didn't centre the wheel.

all they do there (well, one way i've seen it done anyway) is they put like a 'clamp' over the steering wheel that holds it straight, and then they adjust the wheels to the proper alignment

Thats what I thought, maybe cos of the central column to the bottom of the steering wheel they need to push that to one side to use the clamp

a burnt one
iirc a tyre fitters job is to fit and balance the tyres, if you're wheel alignment is out then you need to have it re aligned.

It could be that the wheels were aligned when you had one possibly two bald tyres, this will make a big difference when fitting two new ones.

iirc a tyre fitters job is to fit and balance the tyres, if you're wheel alignment is out then you need to have it re aligned.

It could be that the wheels were aligned when you had one possibly two bald tyres, this will make a big difference when fitting two new ones.

The alignment was done at the same time as fitting the tyres, as per the first post.

Just take it back and they'll re-align it for you.