ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Choices??

Megane Trophy
So whats the verdict on tyres with the 172/182 then??

Ive got 16" superlegerras with 195/45 yokos at the moment and they all need replacing.

So

Toyo proxes
Michelin Pilots
Goodyear Eagle F1
Other?

Whats peoples recommendations and what sizes? What are the 205s like on the clio??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I didnt rate the toyo t1-r's or t1-s's , they were absolute crap in the wet unless you want to drive like an old fart , lol .

Michelin's are excellent in the wet and dry imo .

SLK32///AMG & 330ci sport
I didnt rate the toyo t1-r's or t1-s's , they were absolute crap in the wet unless you want to drive like an old fart , lol .

Michelin's are excellent in the wet and dry imo .

i can't understand how you can say they are bad in the wet!

i find them nice and progressive at the point of breaking away, unlike the pilots that get to the limit and let go big time!

the toyos were good enough to hold both my 400+ bhp subarus on the road without any problem :)

everyone seems to rate the paradas on here, i think they are really bad in the wet, had a nasty moment in my sti type R in the wet on a corner that i had no problems with the toyos at the same speed, it happened a couple of times to be honest, they got changed back to toyos without even covering 2000 miles!

each to their own i suppose :)

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
If you do not mind a much stiffer sidewall have a look at the Hankook RS2. It is a road tread and compound tyre with track type construction, a friend uses them for track days and sprints and finds them a good compromise. To get the best out of them run them at 28/26 psi

Megane Trophy
Still totally undecided

the Proxes are cheap at £50 each fitted
F1 are £70 each fitted
Michellins are £80 each fitted

I liked the proxes i had on my corsa, they were nice to drive on and not too sad in the wet.

F1s are my likely choice at the moment

Golf R soon...
PE2's in my opinion are the best all round tyre! Quite pricey but well worth it.

Good Years are the best for grip from what people say. They are a little cheaper than the PE2's

I recently had 4 PE2's fitted to my car and you can tell the difference on grip.

Bought mine from http://www.mytyres.co.uk Good price (delivery is included) and they were delivered to my house.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
brigestone potenza RE040 that is what I'm running on, these are the same tyres as they put on lotus elise's and their little vauxhal brothers. As they keep these cars on the road they do the trick under a clio to.

SLK32///AMG & 330ci sport
agree with GSD-3, they are a very good tyre fred but they have had a lot of problems with them splitting on the inside though!!!

i have seen this twice first hand!

not the sort of thing you want in a high performance tyre!

i liked the GSD-2 also :)

Rsport182Cup'd
Michellin Exalto all the way
can get £69 fitted balanced etc etc.
costco member - if n e one wants to come with me so they can get them just ask

^^^ not a bad price.

4 conti contact sports 260 fitted and balanced in west mids , i do remember some1 quoting cheaper than that , but was a long time ago