ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre crack

Less
HMM... just been cleaning the car and noticed this on the passenger back wheel.... dont really like the look of it....

clio 1.4si 172 Lookalike
i had that on my low profiles mate.... get it checked before it gets worse mate coz mine messed about with the tire pressure, the pressure decreases and as your driving and the tyre deflates really slowly so there is more pressure on the sidewall and it eventually wears down and cracks.mine messed up completely and the tyre ended up completely tearing... lucky i didnt have a blow out really, but ye id say get it checked out.

now i got the same kinda problem on my new tyres ( 2nd hand wheels = tyres till i get my old ones sorted ) but its not on the side wall, runs horizontally across the tire tread, tyres are geting old though so mite just be general wear and tear.

anyways hope you get it figured out.:approve:

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Woa, definitely don't like the look of that at all! It almost looks like you have been hanging it big style around corners and the wheel arch has cut into your trye. This probably isn't the case but it certainly looks like something has been rubbing on it. Like Wily says, get it cheched out asap.

Less
not been driving round like a maniac... maybe the last owner did!!! i'll go after i have seen the grand prix start...

Less
well went to quick fit, guy had a look, said it was ok... its just on the surface rather, cant see the threads. Loads of tread... so all good.... unsure, migth get 2nd opinion.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
looks like it is from the arch:eek: ive seen this b4, check the inside of the lip of ur arch, only lookin for paint wear and the rubber will take most of the damage! but if not then i really dont know:S

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
i work at kwik fit too...see this a lot, basically it's just the tyre perishing, how old is the tyre? could just be that. But, like the chap said, as long as there are no cords or anything exposed you should be fine to run on it. Does it look like it's cracking a bit in the tread too?

Burgandy 174 sport t
When I bought the 172 all the tyres were cracked in between the tread too, turns out they were origonal!!

LMFAO!

Ask Mark, or Edde or any other track drivers what they think of that tyre. Both the rear tyres on my MX5 are like that. If they aren't, you aren't driving hard enough ;)

It's just wear when the rubber gets hot on the outside of the tyres. I'll see if I can dig out some photos of my old man's A032r tyres after a spirited drive in a Caterham and then you might stop worrying!