ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre dressing

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Tyre Silk in a can

from Turtle Wax i beleive,

after many tirals ive found this to be spot on.
Doesnt look OTT and doesnt make the rim stain.
Simply spray on and allow to dry and repeat coats however more silky you want it to look.

ITs the most easiest one to be using.

106 GTi

Stu - I dont use the clean wheels as I dont like acid based cleaners. Normally just use soap and water on my rims as they are Super Resined and Extra Glossed.

When I need a cleaner I use the AG Engine and Machine Cleaner or Motorcycle cleaner ( Both the same product) acid free but great a shifting grime.

Cheers Jay.............Im on the case..................well packing my case ready for Cyprus in the morning :D

Cya Stu

106 GTi

LOL what is it with people going away... need to take the olds to the airport in the morning!

I have some Meguiars stuff, Hot Shine I think, I dont think it looks quite as good as others Ive tried but damn is it durable, lasts for ages.

106 GTi

Not tried that one, it supposed to be more shiny than the endurance, may have to try some.

Stu ... Brum Airport, theres no way I would drive them that far!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Ive got a little tip, if your using the tyre spray then to avoid it going all over your rim use a bin lid to cover the alloy. My bin lid is perfect as it has a handle and is 16". I just hold it and spray round.

Then again the easiest and cleanest way has got to be applying it with a cut to size sponge.

I like Meguiars endurance tyre shine, it smells nice and last quite a while. Lasting a long time isnt always that good though, It attracts brake dust like crazy, and makes a mess off your sponge when you next clean your wheels. Also if you get endurance on your hands then touch your paintwork its a pain to get off.