ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre gel which one ?

PB Clio 172
I have been using Turtle wax nano tech tyre gel for years and I think its a great product. Turtle wax have got a platinum tyre gel that looks the same has anyone used this before before??

Which turtle wax ?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ive always used nano tech and couldnt find it last time I went to Halfrauds, been using their other one and its exactly the same tbh.

PB Clio 172
Ive always used nano tech and couldnt find it last time I went to Halfrauds, been using their other one and its exactly the same tbh.

Had the same problem as you its hard to find now! Glad you think its great, its a top product for the price!

ok thanks will get the other one then !

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Had the same problem as you its hard to find now! Glad you think its great, its a top product for the price!

ok thanks will get the other one then !

Yeah it even smells the same. I was abit worried it wouldnt last as long (why I loved nano tech) and it does just fine :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm a Meg's endurance tyre gel fan. Use first time, let dry and then reapply and last a lot longer than AG instant tyre shine (and instantly dull again!!!)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
AG tire and there rubber dressings look nice, even bead in my experience. But couldn't last a week of wet weather driving

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Megs endurance for a more gloss look, or what I prefer, a satin finish, I use swissvax pneu (A touch expensive) or zaino Z16. A much more subtle look.

Chris
DetailMe

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
turtle wax tyre and trim gel is good and smells ace... but i used AG tyre spray the other day and its so piss to use, spray on, wipe around. done. its awesome! tyres look new :approve:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Make sure you actually clean your tyres with a cellulose sponge and APc before rubbing stuff on, it will last alot longer

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I must say i've never had sling using megs. I always hear of people having issues though. Weird.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
+ a billion for megs.

put on and a quick wipe over with a old microfibre. nice and black and no slinging.

( slinging only happens if you put to much on )

Not a 320d
Megs. Dirt cheap and nothing lasts the rain anyway.

Black fire does last long, but thats the problem with it. Ive got more chance of getting Megs off the tyre during the wash than blackfire.

Megs is good stuff. Id use Pneu if I wanted a more satin look.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Thing with megs is i put it on, drive the next day and it leaves all black marks on the inside of the arches/down the bottom of the sills. So i sometimes use AG Tyre spray as it doesnt flick up left right and center.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I tried using AF Revive and it leaves a good base, few weeks later it's lost its gloss but the tyres are still black and not faded. So I just top up with AG as I'm trying to find reasons to use it up

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I must say i've never had sling using megs. I always hear of people having issues though. Weird.

Same here, over application i would have thought? Also i find it better to leave it a couple of hours before driving if possible to let it dry, however even when driven 10 mins afterwards i've never had sling.

Over application and wet tyres. I've had it when in a rush. Take your time. Apply a small amount to clean, dry tyres. Done.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe that's why 1 bottle lasted me 2 years. People must be throwing it on the tyre. :S

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I figured the first time i applied it that i had too much on (as it was sort of bubbling?) so wiped the excess off and now use a tri foam applicator cut in half with a thin line of gel per two wheels. One bottle should last me ages as like you and everyone else has said with the applicator that it just stores the gel within.

Ive also found that storing the applicator in a sealable bag makes it stay 'moist' instead of drying out. I actually reckon if i keep on top of it and apply once a week it wont be long until i don't have to add any more gel to the applicator.

M2 Comp
I have the megs tyre dressing applicator, it absorbs that much product that I can usually do all four wheels without using any from the bottle. Applying only a very small amount is key!

R14 CUP
Zaino z16, offers a much nicer finish than Megs. Endurance seems to good too.

Was a long term fan of megs though, it last ages, but I wasn't a fan of the look of it.

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Another vote for Megs Endurance. As said always scrub tyres first with APC then use dressing sparingly.

VX Astra
Meguiars Endurance Tyre Shine seems to be the fans favourite, I personally wouldn't rate anything higher, lasts silly long and is easy to use - just make sure you keep the bottle upright!