ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TYRE HELP!! Yokos or others, some advice asap.

I should know this as im in the trade, however i didnt know until today that the Yoko A539 had been replaced by the S Drive.

My A539s have NO rim protector, this just clears my rear arch and is perfect. I went to get two on the front today and they sent me S Drives instead, however they have a rim protector which bulges them out slightly, only 20mm or so but enough to make me want some others.

Anyone know of a 195/45/16 tyre that doesnt have those rim protectors. We are talking a nats hair here, but i want to know if i have any alternatives to choose from. I love the look of the A539s against the wheel, the look skinnier and work better.

anyone help?

172cup
i've only used A539's for that purpose, and not really found another with no rimmage.

F1's sit slightly back from the rim however... have you tried them?

Eagle F1s? more costly but ill have a look. Im so annoyed, the A539s look so much better on a Euro rim, those pesky Japs, why change something that isnt broke!!!

anyone else?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
try khumo's..

DSC00013.jpg

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
a539's are class.. Slightly better than the khumo's i'd say but i had the khumos on track and although they blistered (it was hot) they gripped well!

I dont have any others sorry mae.

no probs andy, thanks for helping. I cant tell from your pic if it sticks out further than the rim. If you were to put a ruler flat against the rim, will it hit the tyre first or are they in line,

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
dunno, dont have them wheels or car for that matter!! i'm onto a leon cupra r now! lol

Toyos, i thought of those, ill look into it tomoro Fred.

The rim protector just pushes the tyre width out a nats hair, maybe 20mm, enough to cause it to catch tho on mine been so low.

A539s were spot on.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Toyos, i thought of those, ill look into it tomoro Fred.

The rim protector just pushes the tyre width out a nats hair, maybe 20mm, enough to cause it to catch tho on mine been so low.

A539s were spot on.

my T1-r's have a rim protector on mate, but are 195/50/15 so not sure if it chages with Diameter/profile?

E-tyres still are stocking A539's I think, as I looked yesterday, as I'll need some fronts soon.

If they have stopped them then that has annoyed me no end as I will have to buy 4 new tyres soon instead of just two!

Edit: Also, is £55 a good price for Goodyear GSD3 Eagle F1 tyres and are they any good?

Last edited: