ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre help

RENAULT CLIO 1.5DCI
I have just recently brought myself a set of 16" renault clio 182 alloys to go on my clio mk2 1.5dci I currently have a set of 15" alloys on it at the moment but I want to know what size tyres do I need to buy to put on the 16" so it doesn't send the speed out or rub on my arches? I believe I need low profile tyres but no idea what size. So any help that is giving would be great full.

many thanks
Joe

WRX
Google tyre size calculators and you'll be able to work out various options.
172 ph2 had 195/45 16s and 182s had 205/45 16s. You should be able to enter your current size and the sizes I've given you. The calculator will then show you the differences.

195 x 45 x 16 will be the the best option, these rub on the inner rear arch liner and will require you to remove them or just put 20mm hubcentric spcers all round to fill the arches.;)

205 x 45 x 16 will rub tremendously on the rear

RENAULT CLIO 1.5DCI
Great thanks if I put the 20mm hubcentric spcers on with the 195 x45 x16 will the the tyres stick out of the arch sand cause this to fail mot? I no I am prob getting to in depth with this but I don't want to cause myself any headache or anything just want tobe able to put them on and not worry about them