ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre help

bg 182 ff
I have recently bought a 182ff which came with hankook venture v12s on the front and landsail (i have never heard of them) on the back. I have done about 400 miles on the tyres and the road noise coming from the front is horrific. So bad in fact i thought my wheel bearing was shot.

I was wondering what would be the best tyre to reduce the road noise but not the loose any of the performance/grip ether.

I have looked at a few different brands but i woukd like your help to picm the best ones. Speaking from your experinace.

bg 182 ff
*Apologies for the spelling*

A quick note though. I will be using the car for daily not track purposes.

182cup & 172 racecar
Michelin's are the only really good tyre for these cars, some will say different, but in my experience they are the best.

Phase 2 172
It really depends on your budget what kind of tyre you can get, the new euro tyre rating chart should help, it lists fuel efficency a to g rating, wet weather rating a to g (a=best g=worst) and road noise level in decibels.

Have a look on http://www.blackcircles.com it lists them for all tyres should give you a good idea on what your going to get for the money you want to spend.

bg 182 ff
It really depends on your budget what kind of tyre you can get, the new euro tyre rating chart should help, it lists fuel efficency a to g rating, wet weather rating a to g (a=best g=worst) and road noise level in decibels.

Have a look on http://www.blackcircles.com it lists them for all tyres should give you a good idea on what your going to get for the money you want to spend.

I had never thought about checking through this.

I have had a quick look on there and it says the tyres i have on my car at the min are only 71db. But all the other tyres have around about the same db rating.

Does anybody else suffer from a drowning noise over certian road surfaces.?

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v
Can't go wrong with a set of PS3's. I'm on my second set.

Nimbus Clio 197
PS3s are absolutely brilliant tyres. Rain or shine, you won't be disappointed if you go for those.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Make sure you get the XL ones though, the non XL ones are not very good and wear quite quickly on these!

Other than that look at Pirelli Pzeros, I much preferred them over the Michelins.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

The fuel rating is the most pointless thing ever and the noise thing is stupid too, thats external road noise from outside the car. Not inside the car anyway.

Clio 182 FF
What are the michelins like on track? Suitable for the ring or should I get a more track focused tyre?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
What are the michelins like on track? Suitable for the ring or should I get a more track focused tyre?

I guess it depends how you are going to drive round it?

If its just a bit of fun they'll be great but if you're going to try set fast laps something stickier would probably be more suitable.

Phase 2 172
The fuel rating is the most pointless thing ever and the noise thing is stupid too, thats external road noise from outside the car. Not inside the car anyway.

It may well be pointless but it still gives you an idea to make your mind up on the tyre you wanna chose

E46 320CD
The label ratings on a budget tyre such as a landsail mean nothing at all.

unless it's from a well known manufacturer then take them with a pinch of salt. I'm seeing Chinese stuff not fit for a wheelbarrow with b & b ratings....