ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
  RB 182 Cup
Kumho ku31's, amazing in the dry and surprised me how decent they were in the damp/grease and wet!

Amazing value for money, better all round then the Toyo proxie 4's i used to have

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Has anyone used Best Buy Tyres before? I am looking at getting 4 Hydragrips and they are the cheapest at £212 fully fitted.

Are they a good company?

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Continental SportContact2. Excellent all weather tyre with fantastic road holding in both wet and dry conditions. Wasnt too bad in the snow either, though I was pretty much crawling. Only 2 downsides that I can see. Price and they are a very soft compound meaning they wear quite quickly.

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
I just had fitted cheap a set of bridgestone RE050. Pretty boring tyres but i got a brand new pair for 115 quid fitted which were almost half price.They are quiet on the motorway so suit me fine. They dont have a kerbing rib tho so wife wont be driving it anymore!

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Has anyone used Best Buy Tyres before? I am looking at getting 4 Hydragrips and they are the cheapest at £212 fully fitted.

Are they a good company?

I know your post was a long time ago, but I hav used them and will be using them again. There are very good.

Black Gold 182 FF
Just got 2 new front PE2's fitted- initial impressions are favorable compared to the Avon ZZ3's that they replaced.

182 Cup
I've previously voted for PE2's, but Hankook RS2's now firmly ticked my 'will buy again' box. Couldn't be happier with them.

182 Cup
Will sort a decent post out over the weekend on the original thread. Short version here though - I'd buy them over PE2's if they were the same price.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Will sort a decent post out over the weekend on the original thread. Short version here though - I'd buy them over PE2's if they were the same price.

Looks like the Contis may be coming off;)

So not only excellent track tyre but good on road as well??

182 Cup
Can't comment on track yet, but I'll trust jon_r's opinion on that for now. I've found them great on the road, wet or dry. Not used in a massive amount of standing water, but I'm guessing they'll be a little compromised in those conditions if speed limits are exceeded.

Definately got more grip than the PE2's and don't pick up all the road debris like the softer Kuhmo V70A's did.

Za**** & Xr250R
I use pe2's because that's what is recomended but i've heard good thing's about these toyo proxies the only down side i've heard is they are bad in the wet but i never track my car so iu don't buy tyre's because they have good handling, i might give the toyo's a go when myne need changed !!!

C

crofty66

always had proxes t1r's, they are v good (see my earlier post).
Now got px4's on and they are even better. I was suprised at the difference they made.

172cup
Anyone know why the Continentals arn't in the poll?
Am i right in thinking they were the std tyre on the 172 Cup?
Has anyone had any luck getting hold of the Michelins? Been told they're on back order. None in the country!!!
Ta.

BMW 330cd
Just got a pair of PE2's for my 172 looking forward to testing them!!:evil: Never had them befor but been told they are very good tyres.

t3 corolla 116bhp
i have used Goodyear Eagle NCT5 and Falken 912s both give very good grip on daily drives, comfortable ride and low road noise

172 Clio RS
Anyone tried Dunlop 03G S1 Compound? 195/55/15's

Decent stiff sidewalls and gymkhana compound that get up to working temperatures immediately.

Clio 182 FF
Just spoke to 3 places re: some new tyres for my 182, and all have come back saying something along the lines of 'it appears Michelin have stopped making the PE2's and they're being phased out'

anyone else heard anything similar?

White clique
I got a nail in my Bridgestone Potenza, nail was on the side so repair not possible, cost me £242.50 from kwik fit for a single new tyre!!

Bloody runflats. Unbelievably expensive.

182 Sport 2.0I
Im running on some Cheap £60 a peice never herd of the make tyres on my 182. And they aint too bad. Stick very well in the dry, not that good in the wet. But.. The reviews stated only 13K miles on them. Oooh boy. Maybe the Pilots next time :D