ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
  Clio 172
2) Pirelli P zero Nero fited 2 fiesta st's as standard H8 Fords Though!! Stick LIke Glue Odd Ocasion Noisy depending on road surface get good milage

Interesting. I had them on my Accord Type R and wasnt really a fan. Really like Goodyear GSD3s but couldnt get hold of them when I needed tyres and they do wear quite fast.

200 Gordini
I've got proxes but as everyone has said there wear on them is not that good. The grips great and I've not had any problems in the wet

RIP cup, now 172ph1
i had toyo t1-r`s on my saxo... thought they were a great tyre on track and road. going for some f1s on the cup though as ive heard nothing but good things:D

Clio 182
Had GSD's on front for a while now, i like em' but when i get the cash gonna put Exalto's back on asap! they just 'feel' better. But the GSD's are a very, very good substitute, good grip in wet and dry, but i have noticed a little more road noise.

182-racing-blue

R888'S FOR TRACK, EXPECT TO GET 3MONTHS WEAR FROM THEM.

EXALTO'S FOR EVERYDAY USAGE.

fabia vrs
kumho ecsta 712 195/50/15 are cheap and grip well I have had a few sets and will keep buying until I get something with proper power then go for ther mich pe's ;)

172 Cup
Eagle F1's all day long. Tried Yokohama's and couldn't get them to work (was expecting a lot but they delivered little..), the original Conti's are not too bad, but the F1's are the tyre I find the best. The turn in is excellent (sharp and exactly where you point it) and they handle the wet very well too. Plus they seem to handle fairly high levels of "spirited driving" without wearing out after 10 mins!

Love 'em..

E46 330d Sport
Defo Exhaltos all day long. Have had f1 gsd's, gsd2's, Conti's, Toyo proxes & the RE720s on various Renault 16v's I've had over the years & the Exhaltos win hands down!

172 CUP, Old skool Mini
Pilot exaltos BY FAR! 205/45/15. Love them and well worth the money! They grip and grip and grip and grip some more ...

R5 GTT
195/45/15 - Yoko A539 have always been spot on for the R5 GTT even though I have proxies at the mo they are really rubbish in the wet

Just changed from Goodyears on the front to the Toyos. they are so much quieter on the road and grippier in the dry. Seem to handle well in the wet as well. Well pleased with them and much cheaper than the PE2s. Just waiting to see how long they last.

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
mine still has orig micky's on the back at 36k with tons of tread left. when i bought the car the geezer had jus paid for 2 avon ZV on the front. dont seem bad to me quite sticky and just over half worn in 13k

Arctic Blue 182
Just got some Eagle F1`s and although very good, they seem to be lacking that little bit extra grip that the michelin`s had. Saying that I do love the F1`s in the wet and think the grip is amazing when we have had a good down poor. Next time i will prob go for the michelin pe2`s as you get plenty of mileage (well a years worth) out of them and the grip is just that little bit betetr than the Eagle`s.

Evo
Toyo T1-R
Silent road noise, great predictable grip in dry, never had any problems in wet, look cool and i've had mine for over a year (30,000miles) now and they still have perfect tread front and rear, if you drive em easy enough.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Toyo T1-R
Silent road noise, great predictable grip in dry, never had any problems in wet, look cool and i've had mine for over a year (30,000miles) now and they still have perfect tread front and rear, if you drive em easy enough.

30,000miles? I'm on 36,000 now and I need to change my 2nd full set of Michelin PE2's

I've only ever used PE2's and fancy trying something different so I can fully rate the Michelins especially as they're about £320. I've narrowed it down to:
- Conti Sport Contact 2's @ £270
- Yokohama A520's @ £250
- Toyo T1R @ £265

Golf TDI
when i brought the car it came with cheap budgets , they sound like theyve come from chine lol theyre either ying yongs/ ling longs/ ping pongs.

VX220
i have had Goodyear Eagle F1 195/45/R16 on my car since i had it. the problem was i had no key to remove the wheels. i thought the clio was a laugh...that was until today when two new tyres were put on the front as thay had not been replaced since buying the car in march and were not new! with the new tyres and the tracking done it feels like a new car! love it all over again!
Tyres grip great and dont seem overly noisy on the road.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
You probally wouldnt be able to notice the difference mate as it is so minimal. In theory though it would be the 40 profile tyre. I'd say go for whats cheapest.:)

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
195/45/16 or 195/40/16?

Which would be best for performance?

Thought id ask in here rather than starting another thread.

you wouldnt ntice the diffrence. 40 profile just looks better if the car is slammed, but go for the 45 if you need to fill the arches a bit.

Clio 197
Just for the record:

I had PE2s on my 182 as std - they were very good, but lots of side-wall & shoulder wear became apparent quite soon.

I changed to GSD3s - they were excellent,and perfectly even wear!

My VTS comes with PE2s as std, however, due to the sh*te STD suspension setup, the PE2 aren't doing their job at all! I am therefore considering switching to GSD3s once again (just to confirm my suspicions about the std suspension).

The C2 VTS and the 182 were launched at roughly the same time...

...renault made a big hoo-harr about the PE2s fitted to the cupped 182, yet Citroen didn't make a big song and dance at all - Why not? Perhaps they weren't ever 'designed for the 182' in the first place? Lots of poor b******s believed the hype, and now swear by PE2s unnecessarily IMO.

S

seanaldo1987

when i went to buy my 182 it was fitted with goodyear eagle f1s all round.

when i actually picked the car up it had PE2's on the rear as when they put the yrs MOT on it they flagged up that the rears were near the limit so i got a pair of fresh PE2's.

can't say which i prefer, the eagle f1 of the PE2 yet.

the deciding factor will probably be cost as i'm running 205/45/16

Monaro VXR
Just for the record:

I had PE2s on my 182 as std - they were very good, but lots of side-wall & shoulder wear became apparent quite soon.

I changed to GSD3s - they were excellent,and perfectly even wear!

My VTS comes with PE2s as std, however, due to the sh*te STD suspension setup, the PE2 aren't doing their job at all! I am therefore considering switching to GSD3s once again (just to confirm my suspicions about the std suspension).

The C2 VTS and the 182 were launched at roughly the same time...

...renault made a big hoo-harr about the PE2s fitted to the cupped 182, yet Citroen didn't make a big song and dance at all - Why not? Perhaps they weren't ever 'designed for the 182' in the first place? Lots of poor b*****ds believed the hype, and now swear by PE2s unnecessarily IMO.

Funnily enough both of my C4's the VTR+ and the VTS has had PE2's on as well. The VTS now currently has Goodyear NCT5's on the front they're crap.

Thinking of trying GSD3's when I get my new alloys though. Mate has them on his car and swears by them. And they are also £50 cheaper than the PE2's in 225/40/18.

C

crofty66

proxes for me. Not great in the wet and seem to wear pretty quickly but for when the road is dry i cant fault them especially when they are warm.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
PE2's for me but thinking of changing due to the price of them as i need 2 new ones. Brilliant wear rate on them but could be changing car very soon so wont see the moneys worth out of PE2's

Probably give the f1's a go

Quick tyre query, other than the speed rating is there any difference between the Pilot exalto 205/45/16 83V and the 205/45/ZR 16 83W? and if not would i notice any real difference? P.s it's for a 182 with cup suspension.

Cheers

PH1 172 Sport
Nothing different apart from the speed rating I would have though the 83W would be more expensive but if they are cheaper theres no reason not to get them.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Quick tyre query, other than the speed rating is there any difference between the Pilot exalto 205/45/16 83V and the 205/45/ZR 16 83W? and if not would i notice any real difference? P.s it's for a 182 with cup suspension.

Cheers

the w's weigh more, are a slightly different compound and are designed for heavier cars, other than that the only thing that is the same is the tread design.

PH1 172 Sport
the w's weigh more, are a slightly different compound and are designed for heavier cars, other than that the only thing that is the same is the tread design.

I never knew they weighed more. Well at least ive learnt something today!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Bought the car with p6000's on, ace tyres, great grip but all 4 needed changing, i was low on funds and went budget, got 4 pace tyres fitted for next to nothing and regretted it ever since. When i say no grip i mean it, i nearly lost the back end into a building that night going around a corner i regularly take, and wheel spin, dont even mention wheel spin. My mate used to call them ditch finders.

Now ive got 3 cooper zeons and 1 budget on the rear. Grip is a lot better and no wheel spin now with normal driving. Dont know if cooper zeons are good, think they are avon, but seem good to me.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Uniroyal Rainsport 2's

Awesome in the wet weather i have in scotland so makes sense! roundabout the same price as toyos but way better imo