ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
  RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I voted for Proxies. They seem to be good all round performers and a lot cheaper than the exaltos.

I run P-zero front and proxy at the back - but can't vote for combi's ;)

02 Reg 172 FF
Conti sports

Seems odd that these weren't specifically listed in the poll, they're original fitment on my 172FF.

Megane RS 250
Bridgestone Potenza Re050A 195/45/16 on a 172 FF...I think they are the best road tyre on the market in this size. I've got them on the mini in 205/45/17, too.

Good on dry and hot tarmac as weel as in the rain, stiff sidewalls with very direct steering, durable and not too expensive.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I've just had 2 Hankook S1 evo tyres in 195/45/16 fitted for £114.56. They've had some pretty decent reviews so I thought I'd give them a try. They're bound to be better than the Nankangs that I had on before :p

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
i have had proxies t1rs on pretty much all my cars!
i think they are really good in wet and dry.
on my last car i got some yoko s drives and i found them even better!

Renault Sport Clio 172
I brought them and since I have tried, contenital sport contact 2, yoko s drives and t1r's and never found anything that has so much all round grip. In the wet the best tyre I have ever used on any car. Only downer so soft and grippy they didnt last as long as others.

Clio 172 Cup
I have used a few different tyres and like the Yokohama S-Drive 195/45r16. They replaced the Yokohama A539's and are similar compound. Problem with tyres is its personal preference depending on your driving style i guess. I have this tyre on my 172 Cup and Golf MK1 Gti.

Megane 225 F1
I have got budget tyres on my wheels at the moment. Now I have 3 proxy 4's and one budget on a spare set of alloys each with about 4-5 mm on.

Do you think I should take 2 proxies off these tryes and put on the front wheels of my car and then have budgets on rear until I can afford 2 new ones then swap them onto the front and have the proxies on the rear? I've heard people say proxy 4's are s**t.

well my cup had a new set of F1'S all round when i bought it in october iv now done roughly 12,000 and there shot.. were quite good tyres for about the first month and then after that i found them 2start going off but would recommend a try 2 people.. im now trying T1R's as iv heard alot of mixed feelings about them.. just keep trying till u find something you like if funds should allow

I'm in need of some cornering confidence, as I feel the car unstable when corning with my current T1R's, I feel the rears are fine so I'll just be wanting 2 front tyres.

Which would be better PE2's or V12. about a £30 price difference in total, Can anybody shed any light on these?

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Best place to buy tyres online?

Ive used blackcircles previously and never had a problem, just wondering if i can save a few quid else where.

Decided to go for PE2 over the V12 for £7 per tyre more I think It'd be worth it.

£131.32 fitted from black circles, will get them fitted thursday.

Looking for 182
A local tyre place to me can do Hankook V12s for £67.70 fitted per corner, seems to be the best deal I can find. A no brainer, right?

2004 182FF
Local tyre place couldn't get hold of PE2's and called Michelin.... they said they had stopped making them and all their own stock had been sold, but that the Pilot Sport 3's were their direct replacement.

£105 fitted... boo yeah.

(work account and he put michelin on loudspeaker so I know they weren't pulling a fast one).

2004 182FF
Just had them fitted.... going from Hankooks on the tread limit to Pilot Sport 3's... wow - it feels like a new car.

172 Cup
Well after struggling to get hold of them i finally got my hands on some brand new conti contact sports (the original tyre for the 172 cup) and had them fitted last weekend...after pottering about for around 80-100 miles i can report that they are absolutely fantastic!! i can see why renault put them on tbh and i will defo by going for them in the future so long as i can still get them.

dc2
No one using the newish advan ad08? I'm a Honda man deep down and there getting great ratings in the jap scene

Arctic Blue 182ff
Just went for a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 up front, got a little bit off due to a mate that works there, but still broke the bank - £230 all in fitted/balanced etc. Haven't driven it in anger yet so can't comment, but hoping for good things. PS, I moved from old, cracked Exalto's on their wear marks.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i like toyo tr1s. had them and found they give good amounts of grip but the longevity isnt fantastic. ive just bought a set of yokohama parada spec 2's all round from black circles (£360 inc delivery) and should arrive tomorrow. the reviews on here are well rated so we shall see....

clio 2001 172
172 had P6000 last forever on back tho not pushed it in wet
currently top range Bridgestones on front in rush for MOT as inside wear++

got free tracking done by fitter and used online 15% discount voucher..decent result quieter than p6000s

i know...need to get all 4 the same but rears just trundle on jbz

Slow red one
Can someone explain the difference between 195/205? Currently got 205's that came with the alloys I brought from a member but need replacing soon. cheers

Can someone explain the difference between 195/205? Currently got 205's that came with the alloys I brought from a member but need replacing soon. cheers

Personal preference I think. As far as I am aware the 182 alloys came with 205 as standard and the 172 alloys with 195 as standard. 205 offers slightly more rim protection for surprise kerbs, and 195 offer a very marginal stretch if you are particularly low...but day to day driving I doubt you would notice a difference.

Please someone correct if that's wrong!!

DB.

BMW 440i
I'll be getting some new Michelin's soon!

As well as new brake pads/discs at the rear when it goes for an MOT whilst I'm in Thailand!

Arctic Blue 182ff
Now I've had them a few weeks, I can confirm the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 are bloody great! Even in the wet, they are pretty incredible. Worth the extra I think :)