ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
  Westfield
Yokohama Parada Spec 2 get my vote, got them on my track wheels and they are great in the wet and dry, and i've pushed them pretty hard.

got Michelin PE2's on my road wheels and they are great but for the price I'd rather the Yokohama's

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Ive gone for the

Vredestein Sportrac 3, Just won best all round tyre for the last two years now, originally had mich exal but vredestein are just out this world, not once i have i lost grip going round islands in the wet or in the dry

Vredestein all the way!!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Was looking into to the Vredestein's but opted for Hankook V12 Evo's - got to say that i rate them higher than the Michelin PS3's I bought last year. Much better than the TR1's I had on the year before. In the same category for grip imo as the PE2's I ran with from new.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
At the moment i've got Uniroyal Rainsport 2's on the front and Kumho KH31's on the back,
pretty good combination and grippy in all weathers, especially the wet.

All of them were around £50quid a corner, which is great value tbh for the level of grip they give.

I can't comment on how long they last as they've barely been on 6 months.

Mine came with Ecsta's, which I think are diabolical. My 1.5 Yaris (lol) had Mich PE 2's, and non-steady state cornering was so much better than my current wheels. There's no way the T-Sport has better suspension either. The Ecsta's slip quite easily when swapping direction urgently, will definitely be going for PE's when these have gone.

172 Cup
I need 2 new rear tyres so do I change my PE2/3 combo?

I have 195x45x16 and will put the PE2's on the back and maybe get some Yokohama Parada or Hankook evo or Uniroyal Rainsports.

Is anyone running a combo like this with PE2/3?

AVON ZZ3's atm, nearly always had avon's over the 3 years of having the car, one set on the original renault wheels, and one set on the 17's so far.... good long lasting tyres and grip better than a few tyres i tried to start out with...

Arctic Blue 182ff
Well, for those of you who only ever buy Michelen Exalto/Pilot Sports 2/3, DO NOT put Uniroyal Rainsport 2s on. They have loads of grip, yes, can't knock that, but the tyre wall flex is unreal and it makes it feel like a regular car. Again, if you've been running regular tyres anyway, I doubt you'd notice the difference, but as I just went from Michelen Exalto 2's to these on the back, the difference is huge - a cross between driving a Citroen Berlingo van and a trifle.

I know people swear by them, and like I say I am not knocking the grip, but IMO they are way off the Michelen's for overall road feel and confidence. I can only compare those 2 tyres directly, sorry :)

2001 Clio 172
I need to replace my front tyres, which i normally have conti's on. My conti's are now on the back and fronts need changing. I was looking at Uniroyal RS2's as they seem to have a good rating for the price. May just stick with conti's for the £70 per corner excl fitting.

I've got Nankang Ultra Sports on the rear of my cup with 5mm of tread on but my fronts are 2mm and need changing soonish. Been quoted 100 a corner (fitted) for Michelin PS3's plus 30 quid for alignment/tracking. Conti Contacts are 90 quid each and the Toyo T1Rs are 85 pounds each.

I'm inclined to go with the PS3s from what I've read but does this sound like a good price and should I get all 4 changed or are the Nankangs OK?

Clio 197 RB
Just ordered 4 Uniroyal RS2's from Camskill for £240 delivered.
Hope they are as good as people say for the money.

BG 182 FF
Uniroyal RS2's, I would say are the best tyres I have ever had on the car and for English conditions are brilliant.

Tav

Clio 197
Required a proper replacement for Michelin Pilot Exalto 2's? Then try Hankook Ventus S1 EVO. Price, great. Dry grip, great. Wet grip, great.

EVO Magazine gave them a good review to boot!

The P Zero Nero's I had before weren't bad but they were a little dead feeling off centre and didn't inspire much confidence. These new Hankook's feel much more like the original Michelin's with good bite as you turn in.

I've done about 5k on them now and they'll be my replacing my Michelin's on the rear soon. As long as they keep making them I'll be using them.

£87 each...bargain!

Tav

Clio 197
I believe so. Had them out for a proper hot run the other day, still great even in the dry. Scotland being Scotland they were great on the way home...in a down pour!

Clio 182 (2006)
Got Michelin Pilot Sport 3s on the fronts, Kumhos I tried didn't seem to last very long so I thought I'd shell out a little bit more.

Rears are still Kumho Ecsta, but will probably change them as they're about 2 years old and one has a bit of a sllooowwww puncture!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
At the moment i've got Uniroyal Rainsport 2's on the front and Kumho KH31's on the back,
pretty good combination and grippy in all weathers, especially the wet.

All of them were around £50quid a corner, which is great value tbh for the level of grip they give.

I can't comment on how long they last as they've barely been on 6 months.

Right Uni RS2s are fantastic tyres in the wet and i've seen far better cars than mine aquaplane on standing water,
where mine just pounds it's way through with no problems.

However they are NOT warm weather tyres in any way shape or form,
if you give them some abuse on a nice warm dry day, you will shred them in no time.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Just finished my set of front Pirelli Pzero Neros..

Got approx 14K out of them and 16 drag runs at a local drag racing day.

Still felt very grippy even at 1.6mm, only reason I noticed they needed changing is I feathered them at the drag day so they started tram lining.

Got Michelin PS3's fitted on the front now, see how the compare. Should last approx 6 month with my mileage so will update then on how the PS3s have done.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Done pretty much 1000 miles on PS3's now and so far I find the Pirelli Pzero far better in the wet.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just bought Toyo Proxes T1R tyres for my ford puma (195/50/15)

Im thinking about getting 4 of these for the Trophy (205/45/16W) but then i see that Hankook have a decent write up.
What would people suggest ??

Done pretty much 1000 miles on PS3's now and so far I find the Pirelli Pzero far better in the wet.

How do they compare in the dry? I will be looking to buy 4 new tyres soon and the PZero and Michelin are both contenders.

Can anybody comment on how these tyres compare to AD08's?

Thanks

Titanium 182
I'm looking at getting four new tyres for my 182, and Black Circles seem to have the following available in 205/45/R16 V:

Kumho Solus KH17 - £74.45
Falken Ziex ZE-914 - £75.30
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - £111.05
Uniroyal RainSport 2 - £90.19
Hankook Ventus Prime 2 K115 - £91.32
Yokohama A520 - £97.55

I'm leaning towards to the Hankooks, but could be convinced by the Michelins if they are really worth an extra £20. Any advice on these?

I'm looking at getting four new tyres for my 182, and Black Circles seem to have the following available in 205/45/R16 V:

Kumho Solus KH17 - £74.45
Falken Ziex ZE-914 - £75.30
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - £111.05
Uniroyal RainSport 2 - £90.19
Hankook Ventus Prime 2 K115 - £91.32
Yokohama A520 - £97.55

I'm leaning towards to the Hankooks, but could be convinced by the Michelins if they are really worth an extra £20. Any advice on these?

I just bought 4 continental contisport 3's from merit tyres £82 each fitted with a nitrogen fill

Titanium 182
Pirelli Pzero Neros from Camskill ;)
Camskill prices look good, but the reason I'm using BC is because they have a garage that'll fit them a mile from my house and I don't have to faff around with getting them there. Any opinion on those tyres I've mentioned?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Camskill prices look good, but the reason I'm using BC is because they have a garage that'll fit them a mile from my house and I don't have to faff around with getting them there. Any opinion on those tyres I've mentioned?

Michelins are the best out of all them you mentioned. Surprised at the Uniroyal price, that seems steep.

No Dunlops or Continentals?