ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre pressures

White Evo V
Done search on this but cant find exactly what I need.

I have michelin exaltos 205/45/16 on and want to know what tyre pressures to run, the back of my car is stripped so obviously that should make a slight difference even though what I have taken out doesnt way a massive amount, also the sound deadening has been removed from under the carpets.

I set them at 28 front and 26 rear what do you think? I have read alot set them at 30 front and 32 rear?

Whats the best in your opinion???? :D

alien green rs133
ben you are spot on, dont listen to the gimps saying 30-32 they are wrong end of, if im going for a long spirited drive in the summer i make the rears 24 :rasp:

DMS

A thirsty 172
I have mine at 34psi front and 31psi rear.
That's 1psi more per tyre than the handbook says they should be, but I've experimented a bit and the car feels better.
Any higher and it feels skippy.
Might have to try lowering them instead, see what that's like?

EDIT: That's with P Zero Nero's. I used to run Exalto's at about 30psi all round.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I run 32 front 30 rears with my exhaltos usually, my rears were slightly down 26ish and yesterday i picked up a nail on the right rear :( bad times.

Dont run them to low on the road else you will pick up puctures, you can not generate the same type of heat on the road as you can on track so you tyres will never get them up to the correct pressure.

Id got for what the manual says then maybe drop 1/2 PSI.

White Evo V
ben you are spot on, dont listen to the gimps saying 30-32 they are wrong end of, if im going for a long spirited drive in the summer i make the rears 24 :rasp:

Sound il leave it at that then! :D

Seems to handle well and grip well but havnt tested it fully yet due to icy/slippy roads ATM!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Whats differnece between road and track? why have it more for the road?

Because on Track u generate alot more heat, therefore more pressure.

You can not generate this heat on the road. So therefore you need more PSI to start with.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
If you dont have correct pressure, You are more likey to get punctures, your tyres will wear quicker, you will get less MPG.

As for hutchie running 24 PSI on the rear ..... yeh great idea.

alien green rs133
If you dont have correct pressure, You are more likey to get punctures, your tyres will wear quicker, you will get less MPG.

As for hutchie running 24 PSI on the rear ..... yeh great idea.

you sir are afriad of grip obviously

Dodgy one
was running 30 up front 28 on the back, I checked them today and decided on 32 up front and 30 rear.

Will be lowering the pressures again TBH, I went for a drive this aft and noticed when it comes on cam it seems to need correcting a lot more and it tends to wander