ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Recommendations

Before anyone say I have used the search button serveral times with this search but still not found anything conclusive for what i need....

Well as my Turinis are away for a refurb and the tyres were getting near there markers, ive been on the look for a full set of new tyres. Pretty much i'm looking for a 195/45/16 as i've heard they dont make you skip as much when hard cornering. Anyone that has any experience with 205 width tyres that can shed some experience would be much appreciated. I'm looking for quite a solid side wall that provides great traction in the dry along with good wet driving, and something that isnt going to run out of puff within like 5,000 miles of mixed driving (normal/spirited).

I had some Michelin Pilot Exalto's on my Turini's before hand, they werent too bad but nothing that blew me away in terms of traction. I found my Paradas on 15's handled far greater in dry/wet condtions in comparison and they have such soft sidewalls!

I've had a look at the Goodyear Eagle F1's, but can anyone give me any info on the difference between the GSD2 and the GSD3's? Also looked at the Toyo range, much cheaper than the others but again dont know what they are like. And finally Dunlops, I have been told by a few friends who run them on there car that they are pretty good with solid side walls and are quite hard wearing. If anyone could also give there opinions on them that would be much appreciated and if they could also state what model of tyre it was also.

Sorry about the story, but I dont want to rush getting a set of tyres that aren't going to keep me on the road as well as another. If people could refrain from the whole (etc etc are s**te tyres) and actually provide useful info with the mileage used, I would be much appreciative.

Cheers
Nick

DJB

182 Cup RB Stripes
I happily get 10000 - 15000 out of my 205 PE2's. They do understear in the wet if i'm being a complete moron, but generally i'm very pleased with them.

With regards to skipping...... i only find this occurs if it's uber dry and i go too fast into a corner. I still get round but it doesn't look pretty.