ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres for 182 wheels anthracite

Artic Blue 182FF
just brought some Clio 182 anthracite alloys came without tyers just wanna no what the best tyers to get

Cheers

Re: tyers for 182 wheels anthracite

Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 205/45/16V

Goodyear Eagle F1's seem to be popular too!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

How much, about £100 each about right?

Da

Less

tyres can be had from MyTyres at about £80 each, delivered but not fitted, so yeah about £100 fully fitted. Event mobile tyres do them at just under £200 for 2 fully fitted, and they come to you!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

There £202 from kwik fit, so that will do me. only £360ish for 4 not bad.

Chocolate Bar™

i had goodyear eagles which were excellent when scrubbed in. but i think when i replace them i'll be going for yoko parada spec-2's as i liked them

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

are they goin on your car?if its a 1.2 like your thingy says, then might aswell spend a bit less on some still good tyres, but dont see the point of getting F1's or PE2's when you probably dont need that level of grip for a 1.2?

just my opinion

Chocolate Bar™

disagree completely. best thing i ever put on my 1.2 was some proper tyres. you will be massively surprised how much difference it makes especially if your running coilovers

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

i didnt mean cheapo budget tyres at all, but maybe something a little cheaper, i may be completely wrong and am willing to be corrected, however saying that i can see that whatever the engine power corners could still be attempted at the same speed, sorry i think i am wrong!

Chocolate Bar™

depends really. my 172 has just had goodyear eagles and they were only 35each so not exactly expensive tyres, but do the job nicely.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

dont mean to hijack the thread, but why do standard fit tyres cost so much??

from qwik-fit for 2 michellin energy's 185/55/15 - the standard tyres for my car are £200, but on mytyres.co.uk, different tyres with better results for everything on the 'tyretest' are much cheaper? why is this?

Artic Blue 182FF
confused... what size spec tyers would i need for some 16" 182 anthracite wheels " 185/55/15 " all these numbers mean nothing to me could somone please explance!

Cheers

Tangoed Works
^^ well 185 is the width, 55 is the height of the sidewall, and the 15 is the diameter of the rim the tyre is made for.

For your car you could get away with 195/40/16, or standard 182's come with 205/45/16. Either way you need a 16" tyre.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
as jay said, '185' is the width of the tyre in mm, '55' is the percentage of the width for the height, ie 55% of the width 185mm is 101.75mm high. and the final number '15' is the diameter of the wheel.

the letter following the three numbers is the speed rating, i know 'v' meand safe upto a speed of 149mph, and 'h' is upto 130mph.