ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres - PS3 markings?

RS 182 Cup
Hi, forgive me if this has come up before but I am looking at ps3's and can anyone tell me what is the difference between one that has Zr in the listing and one that does not, ie 205/45/16 87w Zr xl. And 205/45/16 xl. The Zr is the cheaper of the two. thanks.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
There are two different speed ratings on PS3s, I think you will see they have 83V and 87W rating, you should be quite safe on the 83V (149MPH IIRC)
I use 87W on front and 83V on rear, the 87W have slightly stiffer sidewalls and are good for more MPH.
I think the 'ZR' is and older type of rating system, but may be wrong, in any case the PS3 has only 83V and 87W ratings available in 205/45/16.

RS 182 Cup
Thanks, I should have said both are listed as 87W. The issue is that one has ZR in the listing and the other does not. maybe its a earlier production with the ZR on them as suggested?