ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres seem to be wearing quick...

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
Hi Guys,

Had some Event tyres now on my car, had them on there for around 6-7k miles, already looking like I'll need new set on the front...

195/45/R16 are my tyre dimensions, just wondering whether 6-7kmiles seems a bit low for wear on tyres..

Is this because of the tyres im using? not sure what Event are like? or could it be something else?

P.S wear seems to be pretty even all over the tyre

Any advice/help appreciated - thanks

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
What tyre is it!?

EDIT: just read :event:

wouldn't be suprised then sounds a bit micky mouse. Buy some proper tyres

What do you mean by event? As in track tyres or the tyre brand event?

If the first one its probably due to the treadwear rating (this can be found on the sidewall of the tyre) and the softness of the rubber. Although not an exact guide in can indicate approximately the life of the tyre.

For instance a Conti sport has a rating of 240 IIRC, however Kuhmo V700 track tyres is just 50 so obviously they will last no time at all if you do heavy mileage.

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
Tyre Brand is Event - never really paid much attention to what ones I buy

Just checked tyrewear on sidewall it states 280

Well if they are cheap tyres the are probably just slapping a made up treadwear rating on there tbh.

Unfortunately manufacturers create there own scale of treadwear ratings as there is no governing body/strict testing system. The big boys work together (within reason) to ensure its all a roughly fair comparision between tyres, but the little fellas like event are probably knocking tyres out of a factory placing any old treadwear rating on them.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Micheling PE2's, Conti Sport's, Toyo T1-R's the list goes on, There is a massive poll on here about Tyres