ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres - Toyo Proxes t1-S

Well after 9500 miles the front tyres are ready to be changed nearly, thinking about swapping them for the back ones and then getting 4 news one when they have gone or buying a couple of Toyo Proxes t1-s.

My questions is to anyone who has run Toyos on the front of a 172 - How did you find them and more importantly how many miles did you get out of them.

Thanx

Steve

I run them on the front of a 1.2.. and they dont grip at all well in the damp/wet..

Id imagine theyd be scary in a 172, heh.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

BikeMan reckons theyre superb - 172 & 306 Rallye i think!

i run em on a dCi with 17s and think there ace.

I had a set of T1s on my valver and thought they were the nuts! (as advised above they are useless in the wet but depending who you speak to some people say different)

After the T1s needed replacing i fitted a set of F1s - it was then i figured who crap TS1 really were. Go for F1s mate, i/you will never look back.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I run them on my 172 and they are very good.In the dry they are fantastic and ive always had yokos or goodyear f1s on my previous cars.In the wet its up to you,i dont know a tyre thats "good" in wet weather,just how far your limits are.

They are only £40 a go on http://mytyres.co.ukhttp://mytyres.co.uk

Regards,ian

Cheers people. May buy a set will have to have a good look at the front and set how far down they are may drop them on the back as I am skint this month need to pay for my insurance.

Have seen the on mytyres less than 40 quid seem like a good price.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I had toyo proxies on the front on my 172, in the dry they are a superb tyre. In the wet the are terrible.. funnily enough braking in the wet was still not really a problem, but cornering at speed was to put it mildly a "little adventure everytime" ;)

The contis are much better in the wet, but not as good as the toyos in the dry, I personally will be using uniroyal rainsports from now on as they seem to be good in both the wet and dry. The Toyos wear very quickly though aswell, so they wont last long !

Oh one other thing, dont put your worn tyres on the back.. always put the best tyres on the back.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I had Toyos on my 306 Rallye and they are a decent tyre for the money.

Great in the dry, and not that bad in the wet, although there are better wet tyres out there...

The new T1-S has improved wet weather performance over the old Proxes. Dont know if those of you who say theyre crap in the wet have tried the new ones?

Personally, Im well happy with the T1-Ss (all round) on my Rallye. Great tyre and a decent price. Ill have to see how long they last though....

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Last two times I have changed tyres I have gone for Toyo Proxes, got them for 45 each all in. Good value and I have found them to perform well in the dry as mentioned not so good in the wet but I dont cane around in the wet anyway. Usually last around 10,000 miles with my style of driving which isnt too bad. Might try Goodyear F1s (GD3 or whatever) this time round if a can get a good price.

BMW 320d Sport

I had Eagle F1s for a couple of years, fine in the dry, superb in the wet, aquaplaning just didnt exist, and they wore well. Then had some Toyos on a deal, they looked nice and were alright in the dry (I didnt think as good as the Eagles though) and ok in the wet for a couple of months. As soon as the slightest bit of wear got into them, which didnt take long, they were terrible in the rain, really scary. Went back to Eagles again and never looked back.

yeah i agree, toyos are not up to it in the wet. to be honest id rather just pay the extra £15 per tyre and get GDS3s.

think you can get them at black circles for something like £59 delivered. whereas mytyres do em for £65.