ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyres what would happen if

clio sport rs 200
got conti sport 3 215 45 17 standard tyre what would happen if keep same alloy but put 225 45 17 or can you even do that help please people

Golf GTD Mk7
it might just overlap more that's all. fitting would have no problems mate. You have to question if there is any point in doing it though.

If the 215 45 is your standard tyre on the alloy the 225/45s will fit.

Its only 10mm wider.

I got my tyres cheaper with the 195/50 size.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If the 215 45 is your standard tyre on the alloy the 225/45s will fit.

Its only 10mm wider.

I got my tyres cheaper with the 195/50 size.
Well with 15" wheels, I've had 6.5j and 7j. Both take 195's, but only the 7j's take 205's. I'm not saying they won't fit, merely that it's worth checking 1st. I wouldn't put 215's on my 16's for instance.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Thread hijack but could I safely put 195/45/15 on my Dynamique alloys, they are 185/55/15 atm.

clio sport rs 200
well believe it or not its cheaper for me to get micheal tyres wider than is same size by 20 quid a corner only 100 each and contis are 90 so dunno what to do

Golf GTD Mk7
what are they for? road use only? conti's tend to wear down quickly, so mich's could be an option.

Dodgy one
Need to know the width of your wheel TBH, ITs alright people saying oh they'l fit as ive had them on my 1*2 etc but your 200 rims may have the biggest tyre on that they will accomodate safely, You could have a wider tyre fitted and the handling go all sloppy due to flex

clio sport rs 200
well deffo dont want that so how do i get that will it be in the hand book or what or do i need to take tyre off get size

RSC 182 Cup
I'm running 225/45r17 on 7.5" wide rims on the wife's Mazda 6- they will easily fit on that rim width.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i had 7j rims and was told 205s were standard, so 225 on 7.5j will work fine,

im now running 165/50/15 on 7j wheel :D