ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

Can anyone advise me on some good rubber? Prefer them to be really good in the wet (cos u know wat the weathers like in the UK).

So far been advised to get some Toyo

any advice? I did like my original michys but their a tad expensive to replace with same again. Anyway, any advice welcome.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yeah, Toyos are good, got some on the front of mine. Also recommend Goodyear Eagles too...

H22A7 Accord Type R

Jimbob......i have 4 x Toyo T1-s on mine.......had a mad blast up Scammy Dam roads on Friday in the wet. They grip like HELL!!!!!! Just dont lift off Mid-bend hehe.........Opposite lock required :oops: also, Stick to 185/55 R15s if you are only doing two tires, or if you are doing all 4, i moved to 195/50s. Either way DONT mix sizes, it messes up the Braking sensors and your brakes WILL be sh*t!!! i know this first hand......the EBD thinks your loosing traction due to the different rotation speeds of the wheels........so stick to the same size.......and a 195/50 Toyo cost me as little as £29 from mytyres.net, cheers, Rob

do not get the conti sport that come on the standard renos

i have gone through a set in less than 8k miles, and from what my mate says who is a mechanic for ford, they also seem to chew through the tyres

best set i have ever had is BF Goodrich Profiler Gs

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 12 May 2003

Goodyear Eagle F1s :)

The best IMO!

But BenR would disagree... ;)
damn striaght!

not bad, but nowhere near as good as the hype!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

ive just been watching the clarkson video with the shinny red 172 and notice they put a set of yokohama avs sports on it at the end and it did really well. does anyone know if they are any good,i have heard they can be a bit soft and wear to quick..only ive just been quoted £65.00 each fitted which seems good......anyone ?????

ive got 4x Toyo T1-s (205,40,17), personally i think they r gr8! excellent grip in the dry and wet. im definitely gonna stick wiv em, cos they r also quite affordable.... i think the TVR tuscan comes as standard with these tyres, so cant be a bad thing!