ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

RenaultSport 182
Hi All

I'm replacing the front tyres on my 2006 Clio 182. I'm struggling to find out what the standard Tyre Load Rating should be on this car. At the moment I have budget 87w all round but I want to buy two new Pirelli P Zero Nero GT's but their load rating is 83w. The Renault manual doesn't mention it.

Regards
John

Listerine & Poledo
Hi All

I'm replacing the front tyres on my 2006 Clio 182. I'm struggling to find out what the standard Tyre Load Rating should be on this car. At the moment I have budget 87w all round but I want to buy two new Pirelli P Zero Nero GT's but their load rating is 83w. The Renault manual doesn't mention it.

Regards
John

A bit overkill. Also might find you just end up with a wandering rear since you'll have stickyt rubber up front and cold concrete at the back.....but that's what drivers aids are there for.

Put the new tyres on the rear to avoid the back stepping out unintentionally.

I don't think load ratings will make much difference - 83 is 487kg and 87 is 545kg, and a Clio doesn't weigh 1.6tonnes...
http://www.blackcircles.com/general/load-rating

That said, if insurance might get funny about it (which the blackcircles link suggests they might) then get the right ones. Should be in the manual, if you have one to hand.

Hi All

Regards
John
205/45 R16 83V Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2